13-04-2010 11:40 AM
I know on some blackberrys you can, was hoping theres either an app or some way of it using web mail
13-04-2010 02:01 PM
A very warm welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.
I must admit that I am a little confused by what you are trying to achieve.
Are you simply trying to set up email on your phone? or something else?
What email provider do you currently use?
Is the email a POP3 or IMAP account?
If you can let me know then we will be able to look into this further for you.
13-04-2010 02:41 PM
You could always integrate the account into your googlemail account and get the mail pushed when it comes into your google account
14-04-2010 11:33 AM
We dont have POP or IMAP, was hoping the HTC could do the same thing insetad of having to log into a web page.
We do currently use pusing to Gmail acounts but would have preferred it to go though a client.
14-04-2010 02:39 PM
Unlike the Blackberry range the HTC uses a different email system which does not run via a similar Blackberry mail server, meaning you will have to setup your webmail manually (using the pop3 details if provided), or setup using the built in Gmail account feature.
I've included a quick and basic help guide for your convenience as follows:
To set up a Gmail account without using the set up manager, head to the apps menu by tapping the up arrow at the bottom of the screen.
1. Select Gmail and next when prompted.
2. Choose to set up a new Gmail account if you don't have one and follow the onscreen instructions
3. If you already have a Gmail account, select the option to sign in.
4. once you've signed in, your Gmail account will be ready to use and you'll start receiving emails instantly
To set up any other email, such as Hotmail or Yahoo, select Other mail if you're setting it up through the set up manager.
Enter your email address and password and if correct, a settings screen will appear, detailing the account name and your name. Tap next and the email account will be set up.
1. Tap on the Mail shortcut on the first home screen
2. Choose Other (POP3/IMAP)
3. Enter your email address and password
4. You'll then be taken to a summary page that shows the protocol you're using to connect, email address, username, password, server, security type and server port. Tap next and the account information will be verified.
5. You'll then be taken to a summary screen where you can change the mail box name and change the name so it'll display your name when you send or receive emails.
I trust the above will be useful, if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. I would also advise bookmarking the following link to the HTC Legend Help Centre page.
15-04-2010 10:32 AM
This should provide the same experience that you get with the BB