You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 13: Guide II

HTC Legend - Notifications and screen issue

Long time no see. Just some advice needed for a friend before i advise her to send it away to VF for repair.

Her HTC Legend is playing up and she's getting annoyed with it.

It (screen) keeps goin light n dark on screen
but also can't get my Facebook contacts onto it!

is the back lighting an issue or does it need a repair job done on it.

(i'll give her a copy of the link to see your opinions. i'm happy to stay on hutch/3 at present)

cheers
paul
long time a lurking
Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk (twitter and Molome)

Current devices: Sony Xperia Miro*, Vodafone Smart Mini, Nokia 3510i, Samsung Galaxy S2, Galaxy Tab iii Kids, iPad2, Huawei Ascend g300, Alcatel OT903 Rooted*

*awaiting minor repairs
Message 1 of 5 (3,202 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

Can you explain the light and dark thing?

The Legend has an auto brightness setting which will adjust the screen based on current environment lighting. It's not always perceptible but is sometimes noticeable immediately after turning the screen on.

Just to double check, the screen does timeout after a configured amount of time and will dim for a few seconds beforehand. This is normal behavior.
Message 2 of 5 (3,202 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

And also there is a problem with facebook contacts on htc phones which htc are aware of and supposedly working on an update
Message 3 of 5 (3,202 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi hooker1uk,

I can see that ac75 and stokepaul have offered some excellent advice, there's not really much more I can add to what they've already said.

If you do require any further assistance then don't hesitate to ask :).

George
eForum Team
Message 4 of 5 (3,202 Views)
Rank 13: Guide II

And also there is a problem with facebook contacts on htc phones which htc are aware of and supposedly working on an update

found out about that shortly after i posted.

ac75 I can't offer much response as i don't have the phone in my possession. as it's with it's owner 80+ miles away

it went in for repair and came back with the lighting issue fixed from what i was told.

Now to find out about Froyo for it.
Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk (twitter and Molome)

Current devices: Sony Xperia Miro*, Vodafone Smart Mini, Nokia 3510i, Samsung Galaxy S2, Galaxy Tab iii Kids, iPad2, Huawei Ascend g300, Alcatel OT903 Rooted*

*awaiting minor repairs
Message 5 of 5 (3,202 Views)
Nexus 6

Nexus 6

More space to explore

Buy now