Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
samma

HTC Legend - how can I restore to factory settings?

I have managed to smash my screen and cannot see anything, therefore cannot do anything. Is there any way i can delete all data before i send it off for repair?
Message 1 of 4 (3,282 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Daz_V

Hi there Samma!

Shame to read this - I'd be gutted :(

Well, as there is no PC Suite this would be difficult, but I do know that if you're connected to an exchange for your email you'll be able to remote wipe. Other than this, I believe there are some third party apps that may off this functionality. Perhaps one of the community could advise? Don't forget that we offer a repair service, but something like a broken screen will not be covered in the warranty.

Let us know how you get on, and if you need any further help!

Daz

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 2 of 4 (3,282 Views)
Brapish

You Can Reset Your Phone From The Startup (It Doesn't Delete Anything From The SD Card)

Performing a factory reset using phone buttons
If you cannot turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the buttons on the phone.

• With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
  • Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.. (Wait About 3 Seconds)
  • Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER. (It Get To 'Clear Storage' Press Down Twice)
  • Press VOLUME UP to start the factory reset.

Source: http://www.htc.com/u...type=1&p_id=313
Message 3 of 4 (3,282 Views)
samma

Thanks for the replys, thankfully the phone was insured so i am hoping to get it all fixed good as new. I was having problems with knowing how to get the the CLEAR STORAGE, but i will try pressing down twice.
thank you
sam
Message 4 of 4 (3,282 Views)