You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
captain fear

HTC Legend - sms sending as mms

when forwarding sms messages that I receive to my contacts they are being sent as an mms message. Checked all the settings but cannot find anything to help. Any ideas?? Thanks :mellow:
Message 1 of 6 (2,909 Views)
Rank 22: Tutor I
Jebelious

how are you forwarding the SMS? and was the original message an MMS? just tried on mine to forward an sms and it worked fine

Here were my steps:

Went to the message
Tap and hold to get the menu
Tap forward
Type my contact in
Tap send

Went as an SMS and they received it
If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below
Message 2 of 6 (2,909 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi captain fear

Welcome to the eForum :).
I can see Jebelious has given you some help here (Thanks :)) Have you managed to try this yet?

Sukhi
eForum Team
Message 3 of 6 (2,909 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
captain fear

Hi guys,
Yes I tried sending as suggested but it dosen't happen all the time just every now and then. Original messages have been sms and I send them as sms but people receive them as mms so I get charged as mms!!!:mellow:
Message 4 of 6 (2,909 Views)
Rank 22: Tutor I
Jebelious

i have not sent that many messages from my legend or forwarded many on, i can not see anything in the options that may do this is very strange one indeed
If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below
Message 5 of 6 (2,909 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hey Guys,

I must admit that this is strange however the only thing that I can thinkl of that is causing this is the actual character length of the message as if it is over 160 then it will go as an MMS.

When you forward the message does it say "message forwarded from...." if so try and delete this to reduce the size of the message.

Let me know how you get on.

James
eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 6 (2,909 Views)