Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC M8 updates app

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
It would apear that Vodafone has yet again trashed a perfectly good phone with one of there apps
The updates app
This is Vodafone's so called way of keeping there apps upto date
But it is running in the background using battery and data
on every other top end android there is a way to remove this even tho they don't want you to
But some how they have got round the HTC
So why have they done this
people should have the choice to have this using data

4 REPLIES 4

Northern-dj
Thankfully there is a app that fixes this mess
See
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inkwired.hideapps

krash
4: Newbie
Hey dj jus tried this app and it doesn't giv u vodafone updates as an option 2 disable so unfortunately it doesn't work

Northern-dj
It did and still does with the previous Roms
It seems Vodafone got wise to this and has now made it totally be rid with in the root of the phone
Which clearly shows that Vodafone do not want there users removing a app that user do not want and uses data
What Vodafone UK need to do is the same as the rest of Vodafone world wide
When a customer gets any phone android or other they get exclusive access to a separate section on Google play store were apps are for only Vodafone customers
But instead Vodafone UK think they no what customers want
No you don't, remove this or give customers the choice and freedom to disable this app

I was able to uninstall the Vodafone updates app on my One M8 when I got it? Installed the update yesterday and it hasn't reappeared.

I also have RCS now, which doesn't appear to have any impact whatsoever on battery life or performance on the One M8.