You are here:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
zzubnik

HTC Magic - Has support ended?

Hi moderators.

Has support ended here on the forum? I notice that several important questions haven't been answered recently, and it seems that you have stopped attempting to support customers at all.

If there is still support here can you please confirm this here, and if possible answer the questions that have been put to you?

If this is not possible, can you please explain why you are no longer making any effort to answer valid customer queries please?

Regards,
Z
Message 1 of 42 (4,422 Views)
zzubnik

I've just scanned through the other forums. It seems that they are also getting no answers from moderators about anything and the frustration is increasing there too.

I guess Vodafone has ended support to the customers. The collections department and the sales department must be the only two departments left in the company.

Vodafone, this is unacceptable. Respond to our questions please.

I seriously am going to block payment to you unless you give us some support.
Message 2 of 42 (4,422 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi zzubnik,

Please, rest assured that we have not ended support for the eForum, and we are still answering threads to help out customers - we have simply been a little short-handed of late meaning we're less visible on the eForum.

Some threads where our assistance is not needed are now being left, such as "favourite apps" threads, and there are some threads where we have stated we will not post again until we have further information to provide to avoid making this worse by reiterating the same thing on every page, but generally you'll still find us checking and responding to each thread.

I'm sorry if you feel that there is no support forthcoming - we're getting to every unanswered question as quickly as possible.:)

DaveN

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 42 (4,422 Views)
zzubnik

Thanks Dave. We were starting to worry that you'd all been let go! It's good to know you are still here for us. :lol:
Message 4 of 42 (4,422 Views)
zzubnik

DaveN,

12 days since your post and no questions on the forum have been addressed. Moderators never return to topics to follow up. It is very frustrating.

Can you please respond to the threads on this forum to prove that support hasn't ended?

If Vodafone is unable to provide support, I will no longer be able to provide you with custom.
Message 5 of 42 (4,422 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi zzubnik

Thanks for your post here.

I've got to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about here as we are answering posts 24hrs a day 7 days a week.

Do you have a link to any posts that we have missed and if we have missed them then I'll be happy to provide an answer. Also, its worth noting that we answer on a first come first served basis so some posts may look like we have missed them but we just haven't got round to them just yet.

Please let me know and we'll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team
Message 6 of 42 (4,422 Views)
zzubnik

Wayne,

Here's three to get started with. There are loads from the past that have been missed, but I haven't got time this morning to list them all for you.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/80228-htc-magic-problems-loss-of-functionality/

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/79281-htc-magic-vulnerability-liability/page__st__20

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/80081-vodafone-uk-htc-magic-android-221-updated/page__view__findpost__p__514281

Please read through the threads, as there are and points questions put to Vodafone in them that have never been answered.

Thanks for your continuing support :)

/z
Message 7 of 42 (4,422 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
blueme

Also, its worth noting that we answer on a first come first served basis so some posts may look like we have missed them but we just haven't got round to them just yet.

You're clearly talking rubbish there. There have been threads in this forum which have received the usual "we know nothing, thanks to customer x for answering the question" almost instantly, while other threads have been ignored for days. Just because we're Vodafone customers doesn't mean you should assume we are total morons.
Message 8 of 42 (4,422 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Paragon

Has support ended ?

Guess it depends how you view it. The mod's here have a thankless task, as they can only provide information (or no information as is usual) based on what Vodafone have released.

But it isn't enough to keep saying updates are coming, or that people will void their warranties by going for third party updates to make their phones secure.

In all honesty, I've been with Vodafone for years - probably like many.

But given that other carriers have provided updates for 32B equivalents, I think Vodafone have really mishandled their update program for smartphone users.

If they're going to sell smartphones, then they've got to realise that people expect timely updates - at the very least while some are still under contract.

Not a hit at the moderators, but judging from the lack of any concrete information, it appears that any official support has ended. After all, we're looking at a matter of weeks now before the end of the year - and still no confirmed release of any 2.2 upgrade.
Message 9 of 42 (4,422 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

Hi all

In no uncertain terms has support ended on the eForum. :)

There are things changing within the eForum, such as the new format. The introduction of this will make visiting here a more pleasant experience.

There are times when we do not have the answers to a question, or we'll need further clarification from an different department before we can answer. As some of these answers are needed to be 100% accurate before they are responded to, and it can take a while to gather the information needed.

So we may have small challenges that stop us responding in the timescales we would like, but support is to continue, with the added bonus of a brand new forum in the wings.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team
Message 10 of 42 (4,422 Views)
blueme

So we may have small challenges that stop us responding in the timescales we would like, but support is to continue, with the added bonus of a brand new forum in the wings.

I take it you're a great admirer of Alistair Campbell and Andy Coulson. If only you could see that those words seem so empty, but it seems you're fully wrapped by the Vodafone distortion field.
Message 11 of 42 (4,424 Views)
Robmac74

I'm sure I speak for many when I say I can't wait for support to appear on the forum.

Shall we all jump for joy over the new format? Visiting here would be really pleasant if it involved getting answers to questions, as some other support forums offer.

Then again there are other questions which you can't be bothered with. Vulnerablity issue ring any bells for you?

I take it you're a great admirer of Alistair Campbell and Andy Coulson. If only you could see that those words seem so empty, but it seems you're fully wrapped by the Vodafone distortion field.

ROFL!! - funny and yet so true all at the same time.

Go get em Tiger..............
Message 12 of 42 (4,424 Views)
zzubnik

There are things changing within the eForum, such as the new format. The introduction of this will make visiting here a more pleasant experience. ....with the added bonus of a brand new forum in the wings.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

Trev, make sure the current stickies are kept. I know it must be tempting for that pesky one about promised updates to simply disappear.... :ph34r:

By the way, it's six weeks now. I presume you are well into the testing phase, and are now planning the rollout.
Message 13 of 42 (4,424 Views)
Robmac74

Trev, make sure the current stickies are kept. I know it must be tempting for that pesky one about promised updates to simply disappear.... :ph34r:

By the way, it's six weeks now. I presume you are well into the testing phase, and are now planning the rollout.

Oh I expect their way beyond testing!!! - probably up to the hide it, bin it, protend nothing ever happened phase.....
Message 14 of 42 (4,424 Views)
blueme

Oh I expect their way beyond testing!!! - probably up to the hide it, bin it, protend nothing ever happened phase.....

Then straight on to whistling and looking away while boldly stating "I never said that, you must be confusing me with my twin Wodafone" phase.
Message 15 of 42 (4,424 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
j616

I've not posted here for months now but here's my view atm. I have given up on VF but I will not leave them when my contract ends. Although customer service with VF is the worst I've experienced from any company, they provide a good service. They're reasonably priced.

Although there was the whole fiasco with the soft limit on data not long back and I was outraged and I ended up being the one that spent an hour or so on the phone to find out that it wasn't like they first said and that there'd be a warning system, I have never hit that limit as I spend most of my time on my laptop and desktop and use wifi on my mobile when I can. In terms of software, I've given up on seeing an update and have just flashed it myself. Somehow, this install seems to be getting more stable as time goes on which is just weird but whatever. And although VF are using the whole "This may void your warranty" thing, to my knowledge, it won't for the hardware. So service is ok, software I can sort out, hardware VF have to sort out so that's all bases covered without having to worry about the terrible support.

I know some people will go pretty close to that data limit and people may not know how to flash their phone to 2.1 (It took me a while and I consider myself technically minded) so they may wan't to change provider. I'm also in no way condoning the actions of VF and I really think they should book their ideas up. I'm just saying their 3G coverage is probably the best in the UK and at the end of the day, that's pretty much the only thing they need to take care of.

J616
Message 16 of 42 (4,424 Views)
blueme

I'm just saying their 3G coverage is probably the best in the UK and at the end of the day, that's pretty much the only thing they need to take care of.

I congratulate you on your experience. I find Vodafone's 3G coverage to be quite limited and know of a few areas which have no signal at all.
Message 17 of 42 (4,424 Views)
blueme

although VF are using the whole "This may void your warranty" thing, to my knowledge, it won't for the hardware. So service is ok, software I can sort out, hardware VF have to sort out so that's all bases covered without having to worry about the terrible support.

So there's nothing to worry about except the terrible support, any problems just contact support. The warranty for the device is with Vodafone, they are the ones who can say if a software upgrade will invalidate the warranty, they won't or can't.
Message 18 of 42 (4,424 Views)
zzubnik

What I suspect is that the support staff have emailed people higher up about these issues, and they either get a "no", or no reply, so simply have to revert to "the company line" of posting the same tired link to the upgrade announcement over and over. It must be almost as frustrating for them as it is for us. We are paying for the privilege, of course.

Still, it's only a few weeks until the end of the year....
Message 19 of 42 (4,424 Views)
zzubnik

Re: HTC Magic - Has support ended?

Moderators: Does it not shame you that we have had no responses here today and almost nothing here since the new forum opened? Do you really expect us to be happy with this? Can I be as useless with paying my bill? Seriously. There have been responses on the iPhone forum today, but not here. I guess you have all got iPhones, and don't care about us. Would your manager be happy with this? You give us the metaphorical finger constantly. People raise legitimate concerns and you simply ignore them, this is not support. We get told "we have elevated this with the relevant person", and that's it. We never hear any more on the subject, and refuse to come back to the subject. When I leave Vodafone, and get the call trying to keep my custom, I will specifically mention that user questions and issues are completely ignored by the support staff on this forum. Seriously. Do your job. Support the customer or there will be less of them.
Message 20 of 42 (3,654 Views)