Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
jerstep

HTC Mail application

Hello. Could someone tell me how I should set up the HTC Mail application so it retains all the mail that I have already downloaded?

It seems as though my email is being removed from the phone when it checks for new mail on my mail server. The "download options" option: what does that mean? if set for 20 emails, does that mean only download 20 unread mails from the server or retain 20 emails on my phone?

Regards,

J

Message 1 of 5 (4,370 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Re: HTC Mail application

Hi jerstep

I’m an iPhone user and don’t have access to an Android handset to test this for you, however some of our forum members maybe able to answer this for you. 

Are you using a POP email account or an IMAP email account?

What email client are you using on your phone?

I've had a look around some information on the internet and it appears there is 30 day retention by default of email in the email settings, however there is no mention if this value can be changed.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team 

Message 2 of 5 (4,343 Views)
Rank 13: Guide II
cjm1979

jerstep wrote:

Hello. Could someone tell me how I should set up the HTC Mail application so it retains all the mail that I have already downloaded?

It seems as though my email is being removed from the phone when it checks for new mail on my mail server. The "download options" option: what does that mean? if set for 20 emails, does that mean only download 20 unread mails from the server or retain 20 emails on my phone?

Regards,

J

Which email account are you trying to set up, ie Hotmail?
Message 3 of 5 (4,333 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
pcw12kcox

If you go to the mail - then menu/settings/download options - and select days - then there's an option for "all" at the bottom.

Message 4 of 5 (4,319 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
kevinx

Jerstep,

Go to your mail application on your pc, and UNCHECK the box which says "delete mail on server once read". If this box IS CHECKED, then once you download mail, it will delete from server.

On your handset you may have a similar check box, to "delete mail from server once read", but the main one to change would be on your pc. (pop3 account)

Cheers

Current/Previous Devices:- HTC OneX (W) HTC Desire HD. HTC Desire, N97Mini(died), N97(x3) which finally died, NokiaN82, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6230, Nokia N80, Nokia 6310, Nokia 3650, Nokia+Other Nokias (+ 2 TinCans and a piece of string, but that was AGES ago!!) :-)
Message 5 of 5 (4,255 Views)