Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC ONE Mini 2 Cracked screen

GMcA
2: Seeker

Hi,

I dropped my HTC one mini 2 over the weekend and it has a hairline crack across the screen, about a third of the way down. The crack is barely visable and has no impact on functionality, however my concern is that it will get worse over time.

I'm been reading about HTC advantage for the HTC one where they will repair a cracked screen free off charge as a one off within the first six months. I was wondering as I have only had my phone for 4 weeks of a 2 year contract if vodafone are offering the above repair free off charge (I'm not sure if advantage is available in the UK yet).

If not how much do vodafone charge for such a repair and how long does the repair take from me sending the phone to receiving it back (assuming next day delivery).

Thank you in advance

Gav

14 REPLIES 14

richrob
Well I realise that.. I am just a customer... They are Vodafone... That's my point... Doh!!!

richrob
BTW... Google all ready own me, and spam me to death and how do you mean " implications of that are too nasty to think about." Really? What they going to do ? Give me a Chinese burn?

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

@richrob wrote:
BTW...Google all ready own me, and spam me to death and how do you mean " implications of that are too nasty to think about." Really? What they going to do ? Give me a Chinese burn?

They will wreck your credit history and rating if you don't pay what you owe. 

This is nothing to do with the big corporation v the little person. The network is never going to repair a cracked screen under warranty. I doubt that any network would. 

Also don't listen to the spurious tax nonsense - Vodafone is one of the UK's biggest contributors to the Exchequer's coffers.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

Being practical for a moment...   Vodafone are a 3rd party repairer and are prevented by all the manufacturers from carrying out a warranty repair if there's any kind of damage, however caused.  The manufacturers themselves, however, have full discretion, so it woudl definitely be worth going direct to them - or it would have if you hadn't gone ahead with the repair (unofficial work may have invalidated your whole warranty :smileysad:).

As to cases, I've always bought mine on eBay for no more than a couple of pounds.  New models generally get covered almost immediately.

richrob
That's the problem with these corporates, they don't listen, they threaten, and people become so intimated that they are afraid to stand up to them.
They know there is a problem, but refuse to take responsibility, because of course that may cost them some of their untaxed massive profits..