cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC ONE cannot make or receive call but can text!!!!

roddy4567
1: Seeker

i've got a HTC one which i've had for 2 yrs, i dropped it but it didn't smash the screen. I now cannot make or receive any calls but i can send and recieve text fine. Even getting voicemail texts to say some called me.

can some help pleassssssssssssssssssssse!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi and Welcome to the forum,

Unfortunately the drop of the handset may have caused some internal damage that is now affecting how the handset operates.

Try your Sim in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim that may be at fault.

If your SIM card works fine in an alternative phone then you would need to have the HTC phone looked at if you want to retain using it.

If the sim does not work fine in the alternative phone then speak to Vodaphone via a landline 03333040191 or 191 from a phone that's working with a Vodaphone sim in it or via Live Chat from a PC or Mac.

I would think the options are ->

Ask Vodaphone to send it off for repair / diagnostic - but be aware repair fee's may apply.
Do you have Vodaphone Insurance.
Do you have any external stand alone company that covers your phone for Accidental Damage.
Do you have Home and Contents cover that includes Mobiile Phone Cover with Accidental Damage.
Check if your current Bank Account offers Mobile phone cover with Accidental Damage.
Sell the HTC as a non working model and use the accrued funds to buy another phone.
Speak to HTC UK Support to see if they can help -> http://www.htc.com/uk/support/

Be sure to note any Terms and Conditions of Insurance options and that Excess Fee's may apply.

Good luck.

😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
Hi and Welcome to the forum,

Unfortunately the drop of the handset may have caused some internal damage that is now affecting how the handset operates.

Try your Sim in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim that may be at fault.

If your SIM card works fine in an alternative phone then you would need to have the HTC phone looked at if you want to retain using it.

If the sim does not work fine in the alternative phone then speak to Vodaphone via a landline 03333040191 or 191 from a phone that's working with a Vodaphone sim in it or via Live Chat from a PC or Mac.

I would think the options are ->

Ask Vodaphone to send it off for repair / diagnostic - but be aware repair fee's may apply.
Do you have Vodaphone Insurance.
Do you have any external stand alone company that covers your phone for Accidental Damage.
Do you have Home and Contents cover that includes Mobiile Phone Cover with Accidental Damage.
Check if your current Bank Account offers Mobile phone cover with Accidental Damage.
Sell the HTC as a non working model and use the accrued funds to buy another phone.
Speak to HTC UK Support to see if they can help -> http://www.htc.com/uk/support/

Be sure to note any Terms and Conditions of Insurance options and that Excess Fee's may apply.

Good luck.

😎

Current Phone  >

roddy4567
1: Seeker
Many thanks for the useful reply dude, I did drop my handset recently and shortly after, this issue started. I've got contents insurance but it's pointless if I'm due for an upgrade in August.

Great help cheers

BandOfBrothers
You're very welcome 😎

Of course in some insurances the premiums can increase after a claim and No Claims Bonuses can be lost along with excess fee's applied, so if your due an upgrade soon and can wait until then or buy a put you on until then phone I wish you well.

😎

Current Phone  >