Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One 4.4.3 Update problems

BYAZICI
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Updated to Android 4.4.3 and since then not getting a signal.

No way am I doing a factory reset.
5 REPLIES 5

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Try your sim in another phone. If it works you know the problem is the phone and the first thing to do is a factory reset.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Of course it's the phone. It was working perfectly fine until the update and now it's not.

Why do *I* have to factory reset it and go thorough all the hassle when Vodafone and Google released this buggy update? When are we going to stop accepting this unacceptable notion that the consumer should spend hours trying to fix something that is broken by the manufacturer/retailer?

jeffkinn

When you have a problem with a device you have to eliminate all of the possibilities. Assuming it's the phone and not the sim or your account is reasonable but not conclusive  - and yes you will have to invest your time to get the problem issued. No one is going to wave a magic wand to help you.

Put the sim in another phone and if it works you know it's the phone. It isn't unknown for an update to break a phone and that means a repair. Before a repair you have to factory reset to see if it's a software glitch and not a hardware fault.

4.4.3 does not have a generic problem - I have and HTC One M8 now running 4.4.3 perfectly - thus yours is a specific issue. It might have something to do with an app you have running or installed. There could be lots of reasons.

If you need any help or advice we have a thriving user community here with a mass of knowledge. Or you can sit there berating HTC and Vodafone and get nowhere.

Good luck!

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi BYAZICI,

I am having the same problem.  I got the HTC One M8 in June, it worked fine until August when I did an update and then sudddenly I had no signal.  I was given a new SIM card but it didnt fix the problem.  So I sent my phone to Vodafone to fix and they sent me a brand new phone back.  All fine for 3 weeks and now its happened again!! So thats 2 phones and 2 SIM cards.. definitely not just a one off problem with my original phone.  

I went into a Vodafone store the other day and spoke to someone on the tech team.  He completely de-registered my phone from the network and re-registered it again (not sure how?) and then it was working again.  Unfortunately, when I took my phone downstairs at my home (where I don't usually get signal anyway) it lost the signal and wont come back again now wherever I go 😕 so fed up!!

I agree with your point that we shouldnt have to deal with this, but I'm going to try a factory reset and not update Android until another new update comes out.  I will complain to Vodafone about the bug in the update as well so hopefully they will fix it! Hope you found a solution....

Hi Leila,

I've given up to be honest and fed up with Vodafone and HTC. Doing resets makes no difference when the problem is with modified Android updates by Vodafone.

Going to be upgrading to the Note 4 when it comes out and dropping Vodafone after 18 years of loyalty to them and switch to EE. Better signal and data coverage.