Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One Insurance

scotsman87
4: Newbie

Hi,

I need help with a query.

I purchased this phone 3 weeks ago on an Upgrade and had at the time requested insurance.  

Yesterday my DD came off my acocunt and looked rather low, so contacted Voda to ask how it was and I was advised that the agent did not add on insurance.

I have been told the only was to add this now is in a store.  I stay 70 miles from the nearest store, and tomorrow I fly to Germany first thing in the morning and cannot get to a store.  I don't want to be traveling uninsured, and my travel insurance does not cover me for phone related items.

I feel I am being unfairly penalised here for an error.

Can anyone assist.

6 REPLIES 6

howlast
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just contact any insurance company most offer a much better rate!

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Usually the Phone would need to be inspected in store to prove that there is no Physical damage to the Phone.

I don't believe that any exceptions could be made for this? One of the Team would need to clarify that for you but I think you will be on your way before you can get an official response?

If there is a Vodafone Store at the airport you could do it there...?

GojuSuzi
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Don't think even getting to store or buying insurance elsewhere would help, since mist if not all have a 'dead zone' of a couple if weeks to a month wherein you cannot claim.

Options now I'd say are checking with your bank and/or home contents insurance to see if you're already covered, or even buying a duff £10 job and leaving the swanky one at home just for the holiday if you're really concerned.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi scotsman87.

I'm disapoointed to see this and understand how frustrated you must feel.

Once the handset has been delivered, we would need to inspect the handset in one of our stores before we can add the insurance.

From the address registered here on the eForum, I can see there is a store local to the address given. You can see your local store here.

DaveCD

scotsman87
4: Newbie
Yes there is a local store to where the registered address is but I am currently living 70 miles away from a store which is in my opening statement.

If vodafone had put the insurance on correctly from the start there wouldn't be an issue.

Customers should not be penalised due to geography.

Please escalate.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi scotsman87,

We can investigate why this wasn’t added and get this feedback.

So we can access your account, please click here to send us your details.

I’m sorry the only way to add the insurance now you’ve received the phone, is in one of our stores.

Thanks,

Gemma