Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M7 - Can't make or receive calls

JDE1990
4: Newbie

Hi all,

I've noticed today that my M7 isn't making or receiving calls properly.

The call connects and the other person's phone rings, but I don't hear the ringing tone when calling. When they answer, they can't hear me and I can't hear them. The screen shows that the call is connected though. It's like the microphone and speakers have died, but I know the speakers work when playing music. Most odd.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
I know this may sound daft but have you tried the old switch it off then back on?

Failing that it may need a factory reset and failing that it may need to go for a repair?

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

Update: Tried just about everything I could think of, but nothing fixed the problem. Decided to do the full Factory Settings Restore. Phone is now working which is good. Now to download everything onto the phone again and get it back to looking and sounding as it did before.

I had exactly the same problem and I know of two work colleagues who have the same phones who have also experienced it.  I found and interesting post where the guy suggested making sure fast boot was switched off - settings\Power\Fast boot (un-tick) and then putting the phone into Flight mode, switching it off and leaving it for 2 minutes and powering it back up again and finally switching the flight mode off.

This seemed to work for me. 

I also made sure that it was fully up to date Settings \ About \ Software Updates.

I have this issue too, happened last night and after a reset it worked but it has happened again and no matter what I do it will not clear the issue!

HTC One M7 Running very slow and wanting to try an Iphone 6

Hi @Roverduck

We can take a look at the phone, please see our repair process here.

Cheers,

Laura

Thanks Laura,

But I'm sure if I sent it back I wouldn't get fixed with out a massive charge!!

I have been doing some digging and its not just a few people that have had this issue, It seems that its a common fault at the mo. Something to do with google services.

Happening to me too, it does fix itself temporarily if you factory reset but only for a few days - I cant keep resetting it and I can't send it back to HTC as they'll charge me as its not a hardware issue.

The phone is useless now, with a year left on my contract.

If you look at the reviews in the play store for the HTC service pack it would appear that a lot of people who have installed the service pack are suffering from the same problem. Have you by any chance installed that or do you have play store set to automaticaly update packages? I have not installed it myself so I can't tell you if its possible to uninstall it but I am not suffering these issues.

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

If there's a problem with the phone, please follow the repair process.

Alternatively the manufacturer may be able to offer some advice regarding this.

Thanks,

Ian

I have had a look around and found a workaround, but when I tried it it bricked my phone!!

kcx526
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
After numerous try..phone is fixed..uncheck tty mode..wifi calling..and cellular broadcast mode..all off..set airplane mode..n reboot..