Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M7 - Can't make or receive calls

JDE1990
4: Newbie

Hi all,

I've noticed today that my M7 isn't making or receiving calls properly.

The call connects and the other person's phone rings, but I don't hear the ringing tone when calling. When they answer, they can't hear me and I can't hear them. The screen shows that the call is connected though. It's like the microphone and speakers have died, but I know the speakers work when playing music. Most odd.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion
I know this may sound daft but have you tried the old switch it off then back on?

Failing that it may need a factory reset and failing that it may need to go for a repair?

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

63johnw
I know this may sound daft but have you tried the old switch it off then back on?

Failing that it may need a factory reset and failing that it may need to go for a repair?

Sorted! Turns out if you turn it off and on, shout at it and throw it at a cushion, it fixes itself eventually.

Cheers :smileyhappy:

63johnw
Amazing how often that method works ! Lol.

Glad you sorted.

MikeGFS
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I exactly the same the same issue. Have searched all over the net but cannot find a solution

HTC one M7 

vodaphone uk

Android 4.4.3

Hi Mike,

I didn't get back on here but my problem happened again. It's an issue with the watch software. I'd say the best thing to do is unpair the watch from your phone, delete the Android Wear and Motorola Connect apps then reset the watch in its settings menu.

When you start it all afresh, it should work. Failing that, you might need to wipe your phone. I did that too as it was well overdue and full of rubbish.

All working now though.

Hope this helps.

I don't have a watch paired with my phone! Or have I missed something, perhaps I have misunderstood you?

No, sorry, it's me being a muppet haha!

My problem was actually caused by a Moto 360 smartwatch, I just didn't know it at the time.

Your problem will probably still be a software issue though, just on the actual phone.

Sorry again!

PiotrŚledź
1: Seeker

I had exactly the same problem. I've contacted HTC via online chat and they gave me the solution. I had to go to Settings > Power and unchecked Fast boot option. After that I restarted my phone and everything was ok.  

I also have this exact problem. It started yesterday but after I restarted my phone, it would work ok again for a while. However, today I can't get it to work at all. Sadly, none of the solutions here have worked, although I haven't reset my phone to factory settings yet, I'm saving that as a last resort.