Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One (M7) Lollipop update signal problems

vern336
4: Newbie

Hi

Since updating my HTC One (M7) with Lollipop 5.0.2, If I leave my phone off for any length of time, it completely loses the signal and the only way I can get the signal back is if I reboot the phone.

When I first done the update I cleared the cache as advised, I was getting all sorts of problems after this, so I tried the total reset option, this cleared up all of the problems except the signal loss.

If there is any advise that will help, It will be gratefully recieved.

King Regards

Vern

14 REPLIES 14

Hi again,

I done another factory reset (2 in fact (first one didnt go to well, it didnt reload my settings and such)), when it had finished, rebooted and dowloaded all the updates and apps, a  Htc notification came on the screen saying something about a configuration update (different to the one I was getting after every reboot), I pressed ok and it done its thing, I didnt notice it downloading anything but it did install (what, I dont know), it wasnt the usual ones where I get a message from Vodafone first and this had never happened on the other 4 or 5 factory resets.

Anyway, up to now I have had no apps force closing, no alarms have failed to go off, no more HtcMobileData messages about a sevice update after reboot, the Airplane mode is now working, no more half screens after closing apps and up to now I haven't lost my signal when the phone has been asleep or not used for a while (touch wood).

I dont know if this was something new come from Htc or if my phone wasnt doing something that it should have on the other factory resets.

Whatever it was, it seems to have sorted out my problems (at least, up to now).

I will let you know either way after a few more days testing

Regards

Vern

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Vern,

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm glad to see the latest factory reset seems to have ironed out the issues.

If you notice anything happening in future, don't hesitate to let us know here.

Remember, we can also repair your phone if you think it could be a handset fault.

Cheers,

Ben

hrym
17: Community Champion

Have you had a look at the power saving settings?  Also have a look in Settings to see whether you've told it to turn off mobile data when asleep.   That might be what's doing it.

Palotpotpot
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Vern, we had same problem too in my HTC One M7..the signal will getting back if i also reboot the phone but later on the signal will lose again...Did you find already the solution? 

hrym

The first thing to try would be a factory reset, which gets rid of any bits of old code that are hanging round and confusing the system.   Before you do this:

1. Make sure your contacts and calendar are fully sync'd

2. Back up any content that's stored on the phone and you can't easily replace from source

3. Remove your external sd card if you have one. The reset process may format it.