Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One (M7) Lollipop update signal problems

vern336
4: Newbie

Hi

Since updating my HTC One (M7) with Lollipop 5.0.2, If I leave my phone off for any length of time, it completely loses the signal and the only way I can get the signal back is if I reboot the phone.

When I first done the update I cleared the cache as advised, I was getting all sorts of problems after this, so I tried the total reset option, this cleared up all of the problems except the signal loss.

If there is any advise that will help, It will be gratefully recieved.

King Regards

Vern

14 REPLIES 14

vern336
4: Newbie

Hi

I have found out that I only have this issue when it is left overnight, so I have narrowed it down to the sleep mode not waking back up in the morning (maybe).

I turned off sleep mode last night and this morning I had a signal, this does shorten the battery life obviously, as it doesnt sleep, but it is a quickfix until someone can help me out with a real fix.

Vern

Hi @vern336 

To troubleshoot or report any issues with your phone or network, please visit the network troubleshooting guide.

Thanks,

Jamian

Post Title: CT1

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

It only happens overnight and as up to now it has only been checked in this area.  It doesnt matter how far I travel the service does not come back on until I reboot the phone

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

See Profile 

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

I have no other phone that this sim fits.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

None 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All, complete signal goes

6) When did you first notice this issue?

After the night of the 5.0.2 update

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

It only happens over night after the phone has been in sleep mode.

It was suggested that I try switching the "Airplane" mode on and off to try to restore the signal, but when I tried to switch it on it froze the phone and I had to reboot to do anything.

Like I said in an earlier post, if I turn off the sleep mode over night, the signal is fine in the morning.

Other things I have noticed happening since the update:

1. Sometimes the alarm does not go off.

2. Various apps force close, sometimes when starting the app sometimes when using the app.

3. When closing an app (no particular app), it switches back to the Homescreen but the Homescreen comes back as only half a screen (vertically split with the lefthand side being totally black(this only happens rarely)), (I dont use Blinkfeed as my Homescreen), I have to switch phone off and on to remedy this.

4. Facebook does not update on Blinkfeed, I think this may be a Facebook problem, although HTC are looking into this apparently.

Hi @vern336 

We'll need to have a closer look at your handset. To do this, we'll need you to visit your nearest Vodafone store

Thanks,

Rodney 

what you mean is, my phone needs to be sent away again? this is a replacement phone because my original was no good (pink photo's, overheating etc), in fact in the 16 months or so Ive had this phone, it's either not been working properly or Vodafone have had in their workshop, lol.

No disrespect but of the 6 or 7 phones we have had from vodafone, if there has been any issue, its never been sorted in the shop.

Oh yeah, HTC have sorted the Facebook issue with an update.

I also found out last night that the M7 is not going to get lollipop 5.1 (according to Mo Versi on twitter only the Google play version of the M7 will get 5.1), which is a pretty poor decision on HTC's part, as 5.1 is mainly a bug fix for the earlier releases of lollipop, this leaves a lot of people like me with a phone that is running very badly... thats certainly the way to get M7 owners flocking to get the M9....not

Hi Rodney

I took my phone to my local Vodafone shop, they gave me a new sim card to try.

Obviously, my phone only loses signal when it is not used for quite a while so I cant say if this has fixed it or not, I will get back to you in a few days, after I have had enough time to see if it is sorted (or before if it hasnt been, lol).

Mind you they did say if this doesnt work, the phone will have to be sent away, lol

Vern

Hi @vern336 

Thanks for the update.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Jamian

Hi Jamian

Still no joy I'm afraid, as soon as the phone turns off the data (goes into sleep mode), I have reboot to get the signal back.

Something new though, everytime I reboot the phone I get a notification from the HtcMobileData app saying "Service Update", "there is a new configuration" when I tap it, it just disappears and does nothing.

I still think is has something to do with the 5.0.2 update, as I had none of the problems before installing it but did immediately after,

Regards,

Vern