Ask

Solution

HTC One M7 Lollipop update

Playtoe
4: Newbie

Its here! Downloading now.

Anyone installed it yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorted! I had to delete the phone from the cars bluetooth and then pair it again !!

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

hrym
17: Community Champion

Not on an M7, but I have on an M8.   It's good.  A little slicker and a little more power-efficient.  Some additional features, too.  One thing, you'll find that notifictaions appear on the lockscreen now.  If you don't want that, you can turn it off in Settings but still get the top-of-screen icons and the LED.

oldgit2
4: Newbie
Yep! Downloaded and installed on my m7 .. It seems a little slicker but
On the downside my phone book isn't being picked up by My cars bluetooth ...

hrym

I'll admit I haven't tried that yet. It may be that a factory reset may solve the issue if it's not a compatibility thing.  If you decide to try it, don't forget to back up your content and make sure your contacts and calendar are fully sync'd too.   If you want to keep SMS and call logs, there are apps that will back them up.

Sorted! I had to delete the phone from the cars bluetooth and then pair it again !!

so far it is a a battery killer

10% and hour yesterday

Had to factory reset - now monitoring progress.

Make sure standard power saver is turned on

Disable the Chat sync - think thats like the Rich Communications which ued to drain the battery. 

All the Dev options are turned off (unless your are doing dev stuff of course).

There is also the Scanning always available (even if wi-fi is off) in the advanced wi-fi settings.

Seems better so far 4% an hour 

TimGriff6
13: Advanced Member

4% an hour seems a lot - is that using the phone normally or with it idle?

I reckon that it will be best to wait until next week and then get an M9.:smileytongue:

10% was worse the last 10% actually went in minutes (i thought the battery was "shatfed")

The reset cleared it so 4% is where its at i do have plenty running so that at least takes it through a working day.

It's not bad thats about 24 hours (i used to get upto 36 before - could be battery age nearly 2 years).

Yep waiting for the 9 :Smiling:

TimGriff6
13: Advanced Member

I stopped using my One a while back when RCS screwed up the performance and battery life and have been using an old second hand phone since then.

I got it out again last night and loaded the update and used the phone today.  In 24 hours of normal use, the battery has gone down by a little under 20% which is a massive improvement on what it was previously and fairly close to its performance when it was new.

I don't know whether the fuss we made 6 months ago has filtered through to the people who could do something or not but the result is a good one for me.  Fingers crossed that it doesn't fall over now.

One thing - I don't see Chat Sync or anything like that in the app list - what is it's full name?

Edit: -  60 hours use and it is not yet down to 50% charge - I may start using the phone again permanently.

My phone picked up the update on Sunday morning.

It was a bit unstable for an hour or so while I think it was updating everything but since then it's been rock solid.

I had one app, PrayerMate, which the battery stats called out as using a lot of power. Since I uninstalled that it's been great.

I used it quite a lot yesterday - normally I would expect the phone to be dying by about 8pm if I hadn't charged it, but it cracked right on through to 15% at around midnight.

The new notifications are great and the phone seems snappy.