Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One (M7) Sense 6 update

SeaniePereira
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Anyone know when we might be getting this update from Vodafone ?

I see the update has started rolling out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Vodafone won't be able to confirm when the update will start rolling out as the actual roll out is up to HTC.  You'll find Vodafone's Firmware statement here.  Please do bear in mind that updates are rolled out in a staggered fashion which means that not every handset will get update at the same time.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi drwagor,

The notifications will continue for as long as the HTC firmware is on the phone.

We can send it away to the repair centre and request it to be rolled back or HTC can do this for you.

If we do this, you won’t be on latest firmware update.

Thanks,

Gemma

TimGriff6
13: Advanced Member

Ben

RCS causes me power use problems that weren't present before it was installed:

Software 5.16.161.1

HTCSDK API level 6.20

Kernel version 3.4.10-g33d8805root@abm009#1SMP PREMPT

Build number 5.16.161.2 CL35383 release-keys

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi TimGriff6,

Thanks for those details. I'll be sure to add this to my feedback around power use and function stability.

Cheers, Ben

Hi guys me again

So I waited and waited until this update was officially 'pushed to customer' as announced on the HTC site before trying to update it again (even though it reminds me every 4 hours)..didn't work again. So I pressed power and up (i think) to get the boot screen up and it tells me that it aborted because of "/system/app/Hangouts.odex" having "unexpected contents"

I'm not any good at this stuff, hence why I can't remember whether i pressed volume up or down, so I won't bore anyone but the Vodafone guys here...what can I do? I can't have this update pushed to be every 4 hours for the next 10 months...

Thanks

Hi npearce,

It sounds like there’s a corrupt file.

I’d recommend to back up your phone and do a factory reset.

Thanks,

Laura 

Hi Laura,

Many thanks for getting back. Afraid I've tried that too.

Is it worth sending it off or something? I'm no longer bothered about the update I just don't want the notification all the time

Ta

Hi npearce9,

Yes, it might be worth sending this off and we’ll be able to sort this for you.

To see our repair process, please go here.

Cheers,

Laura 

Hi,

Will do.

Many thanks Laura

Nick

TimGriff6
13: Advanced Member

Remember that the repair process may sort out the Sense 6 installation but that RCS will also be installed.  If the update to RCS is added during the repair process, you will not be able to disable RCS and there is a possibility of battery life problems.  If the update is not added, you will continue to get 4-6 hourly notifications to update it for the rest of the phone's life.  I would hazard a guess that the repair centre will not be able to pick and choose what you want doing so you have to be prepared for one of the things I've mentioned to be a continuing issue.