Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One (M7) Sense 6 update

SeaniePereira
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Anyone know when we might be getting this update from Vodafone ?

I see the update has started rolling out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Vodafone won't be able to confirm when the update will start rolling out as the actual roll out is up to HTC.  You'll find Vodafone's Firmware statement here.  Please do bear in mind that updates are rolled out in a staggered fashion which means that not every handset will get update at the same time.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

Hi All,

Have just carried out the upgrade and noticed the live weather wallpaper has gone! I rather liked it so does anyone know where I can get it from, or if not that one a good alternative?

Many thanks

Did anyone else, after installing the Sense 6.0 update get a notifaction asking them to enable "Rich Communications"?

I got this notification, but as I didn't know what it was I didn't enable it.

I have asked HTC what it was and they said this is something Vodafone have added to the Sense 6.0 update and is possibly to use the Vodafone Messenger+ app?

Anyone else see this or know what it is?

Cheers

Yeah saw it too, no idea what it is.

Latest observation:
Battery life after a couple days isn't good that said after a couple Google app updates it seems to have got worse over the last few weeks.

I have flattened phone and not restored from a backup in case any existing application settings were causing issues, it's a little better but still not great. Was getting more than 24 hours with standard use now more like 16-18 hours.

Using Snapdragon battery guru but still in "learning mode" so wont know till tomorrow what it's like. 

npearce9
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I've had an update pushed to me for Sense 6 (software update 5.16.161.2)

It downloads fine but when I install it fails every time at around 20%. The red triangle and exclamation mark comes up then it times out and restarts.

Anyone else had this trouble? Is there anything I can do? I have never rooted it or anything

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm glad Sense 6 is making its way out to you all :Smiling:

@silentbazz - Message+ is an application that allows you to send messages through your data connection to other customers who use Message+. This in short means you can send messages that include pictures and videos using your data allowance, therefore saving you money :Smiling: You can find out more about Message+ on our website.

@npearce9 - Try completing the upgrade through HTC Sync Manager rather than over the air.

Thanks,

Matt B

Many thanks, although HTC Sync Manager isn't giving me the option to upgrade?

Ah well!

Fraserb64
4: Newbie
The download creates and .apk file.
this should be downloadable of the HTC dev site

they normally put all releases for unlocked and vendors on there.

Fraserb64

Try here http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads
You will need to copy onto phone check the untrusted sources box and then run the. APK file

My bad there are only the Kit Kat files here

You'll probably need the XDA forum or somewhere unless Vodafone can provide

Fraserb64
. Apk that should say

If you are getting battery issues you may need to tweak some app settings.

Eg The Wi-Fi settings
Go into Wi-Fi and then settings and Advanced.
Uncehck Scanninalways available

Check Wi-FI Optimisation if it isnt already.

Depending on how you use your phone and what tarrif you have you might also want to change the location settings. Go into Location and "Depending on your type of usage" change the Mode to a suitable one.

Eg Battery saving or Device only.

I have found using a combination of the build in power save and SnapDragon battery guru. 
I have only used 29% in 6h20mins so theres plenty of life left.
Then set the extreme mode to kick in at the phones last 5 or 10% - it stays disabled until this point

Recently and more so since sense 6 it would already have use 50% plus of the battery for the same length of time.