Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One (M7) Sense 6 update

SeaniePereira
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Anyone know when we might be getting this update from Vodafone ?

I see the update has started rolling out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Vodafone won't be able to confirm when the update will start rolling out as the actual roll out is up to HTC.  You'll find Vodafone's Firmware statement here.  Please do bear in mind that updates are rolled out in a staggered fashion which means that not every handset will get update at the same time.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

AndrewA71974
2: Seeker
I'm having a couple of fairly serious problems since the update.

Battery life is dreadful. It went into power saving mode after just 5 hours today of moderate usage, I'd expect 12-15 hours with same usage pre-update.

Rich Communication is using 20+ % battery though I've not knowingly used it once, wth is that about? Really don't expect that service to use that much power just ticking over!

Bluetooth is behaving badly and randomly with my Kia head unit hands free. Pre update it was fine, today on about 2/3rds of my incoming calls when answered through the hands free the phone app answered but no audio transfered and the car kit kept ringing endlessly, phone app crashed so needed force stop. After which couldn't dial or receive calls despite force stop dialer and phone apps. Only way to get it back is complete restart. This happened at least 5 times today.

Anyone else seeing similar or any suggestions?

Fraserb64
4: Newbie
Did you see my comments about battery
It is a lot better after the tweaks I mentioned.
Nearly 24 hours a couple days ago it was a lot less.

Not had a problem with rich communication
It's something Vodafone not HTC added.

Not used Bluetooth I best try that.

Note I didn't backup my data but went with an clean build

AndrewA71974
Thanks for your reply, yes I've used the wifi/location settings you recommend for a long time as I found it difficult to get 12 hours out of the m7 as it came out of the box with my usage profile before this update.

I am trying battery guru as a result of this thread, but my fundamental concern is with no changes other than the update, I've gone from 12-15 hours to 6-7 😟

I shall have to disable rich comms as an experiment.

The phone/dialer app crash when trying to answer from Bluetooth is massive for me too, I'll try re-pairing tomorrow.

AndrewA71974
Interesting, rich comms used nearly 2hrs can time today though as far as I'm aware I didn't use it at all. Be interested to see if others who accepted this new feature see similar. 😯

AndrewA71974
Sorry can = cpu. Damn you autocorrect!

Fraserb64
The biggest problem I have seen with the m7 out of the box is using GPS the phone runs red hot and the battery dies rapidly.

I running the mcafee av provided by Vodafone just in case there's anything rogue hunting for a network.

I am also running a manual cache cleaner "ccleaner",
Rather than the auto ones that I suspect eat battery.

Also following some recent articles I am running something called secure update scanner, which checks and validates the phone and applications setup.

rich com update has caused problems with me too.

Phone crashing when answering or ending a call

Poor 4G more 3g or H+

poor battery life

What are Vodafone playing at????

Looks that way for me too, no phone crashes in hand, or on BT since disabling Rich Comms and battery life better - but still not great, back to about 12 hours now.

What Vodafone are doing creating an addon app that uses 2 hours of CPU and 20% of battery per day when not being used is beyond me, but I won't be bothering to even see what it can do when it makes my phone that useless :smileysad:

duncan100974
I agree on the battery issue. In 50 minutes, according to snapdragon battery guru I've I used 11% on reading 2 text messages, sending a text, reading 5 emails and looking at 1 page on the internet. It's not good. Before the update this would have been negligible. I have to say I do like the sense update. Not too sure what the RCS is about and seems pretty pointless. Vodafone, you have to sort this out. Can't keep my phone on charge all day. Defeats the purpose of having a 'mobile' phone.

I still can't update the bleeding thing lol

By the looks of it its not worth it??

That said, it keeps and keeps on pushing it to me and the notification won't go away. Still get the red triangle no matter what, but it keeps coming back.

Am I stuck with this for the next year?!