Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M7 purple camera issue

Ben_W
3: Seeker

Guys, bit late to the party with this I know.

My M7 was one of the first i think (got it as soon as it was released) and is suffering massively with the purple picture issue when used in low light/night conditions. Hugely frustrating as generally, it's an awesome phone.

Now it's a known, recognised issue so how do I get it fixed? Via Vodaphone, or via HTC?

Thanks,

Ben

6 REPLIES 6

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Send your phone off for repair either to Vodafone or HTC.  You have the choice of using either.  I personally prefer to deal directly with the manufacturer, so if I were in your shoes I would go direct to HTC.

PWIAC

chrisw99
4: Newbie

Ben,

What did you end up doing about this?  I took it into a Vodafone store and was told they'd have to send the phone away it would be wiped so I'd lose everything off it, so I've decided to live with the purple for now, especially as I've read rumours that the HTC One being a sealed phone has to be cut apart to change the camera sensor and this can lead to more problems with dust etc down the line.

As it's now confirmed to be a known manufacturer issue with a faulty part, aren't we entitled to do any sales of goods type thing, not fit for purpose, and demand a replacement rather than repair?

Hi chrisw99,

If you back up all important data on your phone, you can still send it for repair.

Just take it to a Vodafone store where they’ll look it over and send it away for you.

As drey_p mentioned, you do have the option of contacting the manufacturer directly.

Thanks,

Andy

BigD87

Hi All 

On the back of Ben_W's post. I have been having the 'purple hue' issue for a while but either I have been taking more photos outside of perfect lighting conditions or it has been getting progressivley worse / noticeable. I now not only have a slight purple colour cast akin to vignetting arround the edges but it is a full purple hue. Since installing the sense 6.0 etc update last night i now get a very interesting addition to the purple hue of a messed up auto white ballance. The image displayed on screen when using the camera jumps from purple to cold blue (with purple edges) at will. I have attached two photos taken of the phone in the camera app side by side with my finacees htc one (M7). Both have the same updates installed and we reset the camera to default.

Should I pop into my local branch and get them to send it off for repair as I clearly appear to be suffering from the manufacturing defect that others have described.

Kind Regards

Stephen

Hi BigD87,

I'd recommend getting your phone sent in for repair :Smiling:

The purple hue you're experiencing is by far one of the most severe examples I've seen.

Thanks,

Matt B

I will pop into branch this weekend. 

Do I win a prize for having the most severe purple hues? lol

Thanks Matt

Stephen