Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 - Android Marshmallow 6.0 Sky Sport Mobile TV incompatability

jwjc
3: Seeker

I updated to Marshmallow android today and have found that my Sky Sports Mobile TV subscription doesn't work any more.  I have updated the application but it still says that my device is incompatible.  Is this a known issue, and are there any plans for it to be resolved?

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @jwjc

Have you tried deleting the App and Re Download it ?

@thesoupdragon

@hrym

Have you guys come across this ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Hi, sky are notorious for being late updating their apps to new android versions, its sky you need to chase as its their app.

hrym
I'm with 63johnw. This does sound like a failure by the author to update. It might be worth trying Clear Data in the main Settings>apps menu. In theory uninstalling and re-installing should do that, but give it a go all the same.

thesoupdragon
I agree with the other guys, it's simply a case of the app not being made compatible with marshmallow yet.

I often get the same issue with Virgin media's TV Anywhere app.

If you go onto the Play Store and find the Sky Sports app, have a good old moan in the comments and then contact the developers to request they improve the apps compatibility.
😉

Tink-GB
12: Established
12: Established

I think it maybe best to do a full backup and restore as all the BSkyB apps I have downloaded work on Marshmallow with no problem, although the only one I cannot test the the one In question as it requires a subscription.

I tried all the rest using my sky id and all is good for me at least.

Thanks for your advice guys.

I've not removed it but I have made sure it's up to date.  I appreciate that it may be sluggishness on Sky's part, but as I get my sky sports mobile tv access as part of my vodafone subscription, I would have hoped that Vodafone would test this before rolling out the Android update!

So there are other people able to use the app with Marshmallow on non HTC devices?

Also, I can confirm now that after re-installing the app that it is still telling me that it is incompatible.

hrym

Did you try Clear Data in the main settings menu?  It probably won't gelp if you're getting an incompatibility message, but it's worth a go.  Uninstalling doesn't always clear the working files so it is just possible that the problem is something within those.

jwjc
Hi hrym, I just tried that and it does in fact work briefly, but it seems the next time I try to start watching it reverts back to the incompatible device error.