Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 Android Update Lollipop 5.0

LordLanky
6: Helper
6: Helper
I know there's an old thread talking about Android 4.4.3, and this is largely the same question....

Any clues on when Android 5.0 is coming to the HTC One M8 on VF?
43 REPLIES 43

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

HTC say publicly that they will release updates 90 days after Google. How long Vodafone will take to get their update is approved is another matter and no one will tell you anything until the day it's released.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Jebelious
16: Advanced member

I was speaking with HTC support the other day relating to another issue "unable to copy from the phone to an SD card or USB stick" and they advised they are expecting a new update to be rolled out soon for their devices probably not 5.0 however an update non the less, i would expect next year for this one tho.

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

daz1983
4: Newbie

it will be around 90 days from whenever htc get the final version from google, i saw a post on htc elevate saying the update will be january/febuary for the htc one m8 

This seeded to my device today

It took about a few minutes to download file size roughtly 650MB,

10 minutes to install

3 minutes to start up

and 5 minutes to update (so be patient) 
all seems fine : Software version: 4.19.161.1.20 

hrym

Let us know how you get on, and especially whether you can manage without a factory reset.

my phone updated but cant access wi-fi now :Sad_face:

Got the lollipop update today, can't see my SD card , phone says not mounted, have removed and replaced SD card but no effect, any advice?

drey_p

@adrianscaife wrote:

Got the lollipop update today, can't see my SD card , phone says not mounted, have removed and replaced SD card but no effect, any advice?

Have you done a factory reset since upgrading the handset?

PWIAC

Looks like Lollipop has just hit the M8, downloading it now. Hopefully it won't break my M8 like the last update I did on my M7..

Screenshot_2015-01-28-14-26-22.png