Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 Android Update Lollipop 5.0

LordLanky
6: Helper
6: Helper
I know there's an old thread talking about Android 4.4.3, and this is largely the same question....

Any clues on when Android 5.0 is coming to the HTC One M8 on VF?
43 REPLIES 43

Tink-GB
12: Established
One issue I have just this second come across is that I keep getting a notification icon popping up saying my battery is low.

I cancel it and it comes back continually every 39seconds or so.
I can't switch it off. Long touching it converts the notification to say the time and that it's the System UI lollipop but otherwise nothing else to stop it.

I'll recharge over night but I don't need to be told the battery is low every half minute.

Tink-GB
On the other hand found a great new feature called Screen Pinning....

From you recent applications screen turn on the option in Settings (also found in the main settings under Security/Advanced) .
On each app preview tile/card touch the pin icon. It will pin that screen and switch off all touch access until unpinned (by long touching the back and previous phone icons at the same time).

This is most useful against the Torch app as even if you use the standby button to switch the screen off, on pressing it again, the Torch comes back on. It sans that the Torch will stay on without accidentally switching it off due to a touch. You can still control the Torch using the volume button from the off, dim, brighter and full brightness settings.

Tink-GB
Today, my dot view refused to work. Still getting "configuration change" notifications and twice now my stock sense keyboard remains inactive leaving me with no way to enter type.

I have therefore just completed a factory reset, waited again for files to "optimise" and we'll see the result later after its been running a while, to battery out, recharge and so on...

robl1502
4: Newbie
Hi Tink. Can you let me know if this sorted your notification issue for 'configuration change' .

Thanks

robl1502
I've also noticed that the option to edit the input method whilst typing a text has gone from the notifications bar. And that typing a text seems less responsive and glitches sometimes.

robl1502
Just noticed that when I receive a text message it no longer previews the message or sender in the notifications bar. Just the usual message icon appears. I have checked that this option is turned on also. Tried turning it off and on and still nothing. I think a factory reset is going to be the only option. Can't predict that they will roll a fix out anytime soon.

Tink-GB
Hi robl1502,
The reset seems to have fixed the configuration notification. I suspect this has to do with Vodafone pushing its settings over and above the original apn. Resetting ignores the pushed new settings, but doesn't have more than one for the system to load perhaps.

Notifications still tell me every 30secs or so that the battery is below 15%..it ignores my cancellation, incorrectly imo.

The keyboard settings shortcut is present with a qwerty layout, but if you select a phone layout, there is no setting button present , forcing you to go delving into the main setting menus longhand.

Today, after a full day using the phone, I might be having an issue with the dot cover activating itself, however I am using a cheap replica presently whilst I save for another OEM version.

Finally, when I am posting on this site, the browser still zooms in to much. Again this may be this site or the browser. Impossible to tell unless it happens on other sites Again though this is difficult to tell. More updates if I come across anything.

Updated my phone, now won't connect to my WiFi and get a service update (there is a new configuration) every time the phone is restarted.... Not good..

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Badger101 - this is a major update so have you done a factory reset of your device?  If not, that would be the first place to start, making sure that you have of course backed up your data first.

PWIAC

Just because this is a major update does not mean you have to do a factory reset. Just an easy get out if things go wrong, and when the update is not thought out properly.

I have done a factory reset with no change..