Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 Android Update

Darksky569
13: Advanced Member

Hi All,

Anyone have any idea when the new 4.4.3 update will begin seeding to the HTC One M8 on the Vodafone network?

It appears to have begun seeding to unlocked devices in Europe:

http://www.gsmarena.com/android_443_is_now_seeding_to_htc_one_m8_devices_in_europe-news-9171.php

Any info from the Tech guys on this please?

Regards, DSky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The roll out of firmware upgrades is done by the manufacturer to batches of IMEI numbers at a time in order to prevent overloading the update servers.  Vodafone won't comment on when a firmware upgrade will be available. For more information, please see the Firmware FAQs here.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

drey_p

Hi there

The roll out of firmware upgrades is done by the manufacturer to batches of IMEI numbers at a time in order to prevent overloading the update servers.  Vodafone won't comment on when a firmware upgrade will be available. For more information, please see the Firmware FAQs here.

PWIAC

Darksky569
Thanks Drey.

I thought that might have been the case, will just keep checking the update server.

Regards, DSky

hrym
17: Community Champion

You should see a notification on the panel when the update's available.

Based on history updates will be a few weeks after if vf have their act together if not you could be waiting months

hrym

Vodafone do some of the most extensive testing in the industry, which is why their updates sometimes take longer than other operators.  If you have a SIM-free device, you'll get them on the manufacturer roll-out, of course.

Playtoe
4: Newbie
Pity that they don't include their own software, like the Rich Communication Suite, in their "extensive" testing.

hrym

Is RCS a Vodafone thing?   I thought it was from HTC.  They do offer an app of their own called, as I remember Message+.  I haven't tried it, but you could see if it's any better, or whether it can be set as the default and then disabled.

Playtoe
4: Newbie
RCS and Message+ are the same thing and they are Vodafone.

Darksky569
RCS is from HTC. Vodafones app is the message+ one.