Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 Android Update

psm1
3: Seeker

Hi there, This is a bit of a weird one but its frustrating the heck out of me. I dropped my HTC One M8 (Vodafone Branded) last week and my insurance company have sent out a replacement. However the first thing I noticed when setting up the device was the message in red stating that the handset was a test device. I continued setting up device as normal but I don’t appear to be receiving any software updates. My android version is 4.4.4, but my original handset updated to 5.0.1 last month. After contacting HTC technical support, I received the following message: “According to our system the device is actually a sales kit unit branded for Vodafone UK so you should get the lollipop update for your device. My suggestion is to get in touch with Vodafone to ask them when you will receive an update for your device or if they have a possibility to re-flash ROM to the latest software update” Are Vodafone still sending out the OTA updates for Lollipop, if not do they have the ability to re-flash the ROM? Cheers guys

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Talk to Live Chat about getting this exchanged.   I don't think you should have that and there's the possibility that there could be other issues down the line.  Some demo devices are locked to the OS version that's flashed onto them originally, so it's possible it'll never update.

If you don't get any joy, post back here,

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @psm1

Thanks for your post. 

I'd suggest firstly preferring a factory reset, then checking again for any software updates. 

If this doesn't work please pop into your local store, we can get the phone sent off to be flashed. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

psm1
Thanks guys, I'll pop into a store this weekend as I've done several factory resets and still no joy.

Cheers