Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 Black Screen

davidthurston
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

VODAFONE BUSINESS CONTRACT

I have an HTC One M8 Phone. While using it earlier today the screen turned black. It still rings if called and the notification light flashed. 

I've tried resetting it by holding volume down and power key. 

Windows recognises the phone but cannot see contents.

HTC sync manager does not recognise the phone.

I spoke to Vodafone business on the phone who said they would transfer me through to another department who would send a replacement but they cut me off instead of transferring me. 

I've had exactly the same conversation with vodafone business 3 times now, and been cut off every time they transfer me. 

This is a business phone, and is a 2 factor authentication device for a huge number of duo security accounts, so i need something sorted asap.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi. 

This is is a discussion forum only which is not responded to by Vodafone. 

I understand the frustration with the calls ending but I would suggest perservering with Customer Services for assistance. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The Vodafone support website has a different view of whether this forus is responded to by vodafone staff. They clearly state that any query will be responded to within 24-48 hours.

"Ask the eForum

Ask questions and share tips with other customers. Or get expert help from our advisers within 24-48 hours."

hrym

Generally speaking, you're recommended to go via Customer Services as the response is normally quicker.

In the meantime, did you try any of my suggestions above?

hrym

There are various possibilities here:

1. Have a look at your online account and see if the option to forward calls to another number can be set there.

2. Drop into a Vodafone shop and

a) See if they can handle the repair

b) Whether your account qualifies for a loan device

c) If not, buy a cheap PAYG handset that (for convenience) uses the same size SIM as the HTC