Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 - Drey_P's experience

drey_p
16: Advanced member

I received an HTC One M8 yesterday and thought I would create a thread with pictures and my opinions of the device. I will keep adding to this thread as and when I get the time.  In the meantime, I hope that some of what I post is going to help those of you wondering if this is the device for you.  

PWIAC

34 REPLIES 34

Rather strange problem with my phone...randomly changes language to French! Trying to change it back to English doesn't help and the only way to sort it is to switch off then reboot up!!

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

go into keyboard settings and disable other language support, that will stop the issue.

not sure why it happens? 😉

Drey_P,

Does the M8 use Rich Communication Suite?

Can you tell me if you had any problems with the phone caused by RCS?

I have the older HTC One and Vodafone have forced this rubbish on people with that phone - I now have no-end of problems with it.  I've tried to sort it out but Vodafone don't give a monkies about customers with problems so I haven't managed to do that yet.

drey_p

At the time I was using the M8, it wasn't using RCS.  As that was a while back, I can't comment on whether or not that has changed. 

PWIAC

jeffkinn
I have an M8 and is are no RCS on here as far as I can tell and there are certainly no issues with the phone which is great to use.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

@jeffkinn wrote:
I have an M8 and is are no RCS on here as far as I can tell and there are certainly no issues with the phone which is great to use.

That's good - I may try and get Vodafone to change my phone to the M8 - or something similar.

I am pretty certain they won't because they are saying it's non of there problem - as usual!

If you ever find out that they want you to download RCS onto your phone (they can even come in through the Vodafone updates), make sure you don't use it - it's completely wrecked my phone and it is now gone from being a brilliant phone to virtually useless!

jeffkinn
Noted - but updates on all phones come from the manufacturers and not the networks. The networks do bundle some apps but one of them are core apps. This must be an HTC issue.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

@jeffkinn wrote:
Noted - but updates on all phones come from the manufacturers and not the networks. The networks do bundle some apps but one of them are core apps. This must be an HTC issue.

Wrong - I don't know what update this came though on but going by the other thread that was raised about this issue, Vodafone have tested RCS on the HTC One only and say it's OK; therefore I believe it's an update from Vodafone.  It came though on an update and you didn't even have the opportunity to refuse it.  I didn't download it but it's on my phone and now asking to do an update....when I click on the request to refuse it there is no refuse option & the update notification will not go - I've even disabled it but it's still making my phone impossible to use properly.

Of course Vodafone are totally ignoring the loads of customers that now have utterly useless HTC Ones because of this "upgrade"!

This is the company that is doing this

http://www.gsma.com/network2020/rcs/

and its a third party company and uses Vodafones Messanger+ app to do sms messages

But at no point have they told HTC one users this was going to happen

now they can get away with the other apps with there T&C but this effects the Stock messanger app

this does effect the T&C not Just Vodafones but HTC and Google

ig they do the same with the M8 they will be a Major out cry one trick Vodafone does is to wait 12 Months befor pulling stunts

Customers need to be given the choice if they want to use or not use there apps this does not give them that

One app that Vodafone has altered so it can not be removed is the update app

were as prior to the last fix update it could be disabled

The App runs in the backgrond and uses data and runs on start up

We so not want this Junk on our phones and we deff do not want the RCS rubbish 

I personaly will debrand

The M8 and other high end phones are good until Vodafone get hold of them

drey_p

@dazc090861 wrote:

I may try and get Vodafone to change my phone to the M8 

TBH - I the probably won't change your phone for you - if you want another handset, you'll have to buy one.

PWIAC