Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 - Drey_P's experience

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I received an HTC One M8 yesterday and thought I would create a thread with pictures and my opinions of the device. I will keep adding to this thread as and when I get the time.  In the meantime, I hope that some of what I post is going to help those of you wondering if this is the device for you.  

PWIAC

34 REPLIES 34

Hi,

I'm due for an upgrade next month and looking at the M8 and Sony Z3. 

As things stand, the M8 is winning...

Anyway, can you please confirm the contacts are synced fully with Facebook/ My old HTC Desire HD fully synced with Facebook so that the profile pictures of my contacts showed the facebook picture and their status.

Unfortunately, my current HTC OneX used to do the same , but now seems to have stopped displaying the profile pictures. I contacted both Vodafone and HTC who initially blamed one another. After I told both they were being blamed by the other, both said it was a Facebook issue.

Sorry for the long message, but I would this the feature and if you can confirm, this will push me towards the M8.

Thanks 

DonaldMackenzie
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

so got one of these last week.....phone seems okay but the sim card they gave me is a dud.....on the phone again for the fifteenth time in 15 days if it doesnt work this time al have to leave vodafone and go back to payg.....pretty pathetic that vodafone customer services cant understand anything you tell them far less help you!! rant over

Did you activate the SIM card? If it is faulty, pop into your local Vodafone store and they will provide you with a SIM card and activate it for you.

PWIAC

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
I am using the HTC One M8 and can confirm that Facebook contacts do sync properly and their profile pics are imported into the "people" app (phone contacts).

The M8 is fantastic but if you are around water a lot the Z3 would be a good choice.

Make sure you have a side by side play with the phones, so you can compare properly... 😉

TSD.

Thank you 'thesoupdragon' :smileywink:

Looks as though I will stick to HTC once again, as you have confirmed the only doubt I had regarding the M8.

Thx again