Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 - More Issues?

Jebelious
16: Advanced member

Hi fellow HTC One M8 users - just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing these issues with the phone or if its just me:

1. audio synch issues on the M8 using the following applications:

YouTube

Netflix

The delay seems ever so slight and you really have to pay attention to what you are watching to notice but before i start formatting the phone etc i want to see if anyone else can see this.

2. Signal dropping - I do alot of driving and the phone is connected to a car kit - my old HTC One would keep a call active almost for the entire trip bar a few blackspots however this HTC One seems to drop calls more often than not. What seems to happen is that the phone tries to hold onto the HSDPA/3g signal instead of handing over to 2g and instead of a smooth handover to 2g the call just drops. As soon as this happens the phone then gets a strong 2g signal in most cases in other still hold onto the poor 3g/hsdpa signal so i am unable to make a call.

No i have noticed this more when my other phone is next to my HTC One M8 (Lumia 925 work phone), when this is on the seat next to the phone the signal problems get even worse and the phone just cant handle the signal swap over at all and drops calls quite often. 

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed these issues before i start doing anything with the phone, i have actually spoken with HTC about the signal issues and since me speaking to them i have actually noticed the behaviour as per above more often than not. They did advise doing a reset of sorts which meant rebooting the phone into a different menu - then a further hidden menu to reset something which i cant remember at this time :p.

Let me know!

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jebelious,

I'd certainly follow there advice and try the resets that were advised. I've got the HTC One M8 and haven't noticed any any audio sync issues.

The issue with the Signal is certainly something that can happen when you're moving around, although I'm surprised it seems to be performing worse than the previous model.

Before the resets it may be worth clearing the cache on both the YouTube and Netflix applications. You can do this by going into Settings>Apps>Select the relevant app>Clear cache.

I'd also recommend a manual roam to update your network connection. Click on Settings>Mobile data>Network operators>Search networks. Allow the search to complete and then select any network other than Vodafone. Once you can see no service, perform the search again and select Vodafone.

Thanks,

Matt B

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

I certainly haven't noticed these issues on my M8. I use it in the car a lot and it's fine. I don't watch a lot of video on the phone but I haven't noticed any issues there either.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Jebelious

Just so you are aware this was more a fact find to see if anyone else was experiencing these issues, unfortunately i have not come across anyone else with an M8 as of yet. I had tried the steps advised on multiple occasions as manual network selection is generally my first thing to do when i get signal issues, i have tried multiple things during the car journey and the signal is fine when my other phone is no where near my M8 however if i put another Vodafone handset anywhere near the M8 the M8 device just loses signal or is unable to switch down from 3g > 2g it just gets stuck.

There is one more thing i can try with this which will be switching 4g off on the trip as this may be causing the issue but i will try this when i remember to switch 4g off later :D. I will do some testing with Netflix/youtube again and see what happens on my old HTC One (a friend has this now) as i clearly remember never having an issue with the audio on this (it could just be me) however i am normally pretty good at noticing these  audio sync issues.

If anyone else can have a good look at videos on Youtube or Netflix and see if they notice the audio sync is slightly out that would be great (i do have other applications that have this issue when streaming audio/video but these are adhoc apps that people may not use)

jeffkinn

I've just watched Netflix and yes, the audio is slightly out of sync with the video. HTC need to fix this in the software.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Jebelious

In addition to this - BBC iPlayer is fine audio is not out of synch tried the call centre 

thesoupdragon

I don't use Netflix but I do watch a lot of YouTube video's. I haven't seen any audio lag at all but I am using WiFi when watching.

jeffkinn
I was using Wi Fi as well. I?ve tested YouTube and that works fine. Therefore it has to be a Netflix specific issue. An email to their support team seems a good idea. I?ll try and test it on another phone as well to see if its general or M8 specific.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

on my 5th one within a year through faults