Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 Unlocking

h5pdk
4: Newbie

Hi I have a HTC One M8 locked to Vodafone. I have obtained a code to sim unlock it and have been told to put a different networks sim card in , switch on then type the code in. Only problem is no keypad pops up. I have another HTC One M8 locked on Vodafone and when I do the same with that one a keypad pops up so you can put the unlock code in. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Tink-GB
12: Established
Strange...
my htc one m8 from vodafone accepts any sim card from another uk network... have used Orange. for a while. worked perfectly.
same with my old htc m7 from Vodafone... Daughter uses it on orange for the last 6 months with no worries.

just disable the Vodafone apps, else all sorted after downloading the Internet settings from the net.

You wony get rid of the opening Vodafone video clip however unless you unlock the phone and install new roms etc... xda can advise further.

tink.

Tink-GB
personally if you went to one of the shops or online stores that sells codes, i think you got ripped off.

h5pdk
I've sorted it now thanks it was already unlocked the Virgin sim I tried hadn't been authorised onto the network hence it made the phone appear locked.

fido71
1: Seeker
So is my m8 unlocked or locked to Vodafone and if so why?? Any advice would be very useful to me xda development I've heard there the best when it comes to technology ,,,, fido71

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It most likely will be locked to Vodafone as most of the handsets are.  The phones are locked because they have been supplied at a subsidised rate.  The easiest way to find out is put a non Vodafone SIM card in it and if it works you know it isn't locked.  

PWIAC

h5pdk
If you got your phone direct from vodafone it will probably be locked. If you got it from somewhere else Carphone warehouse somewhere like that then chances are it will be unlocked.