Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 faulty micro usb/ charging port

Lowryy28
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello forum!

I am having problems with charging and connecting my HTC one m8 via the micro USB connection

I have tried factory ressetting my phone with no luck

I bought the phone from Vodafone and unlocked it, (now using a 3 sim) and I was wondering if the warranty is still in place?

I understand Vodafone have a 2 year warranty and could I get this problem repaired under the warranty and just by taking it into a store to be sent of

Thank you, 

Rob

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello.

Welcome to The UK Vodafone eForum which is a Customer to Customer help forum.

May I ask are you still an Account holder with Vodafone ? If so then as they supplied the handset which will be on their records I would see no reason why Vodafone wouldn't send the phone off to their Repair Centres if need be. 

However may I also suggest. 

First check that the ports are free of Dust / Lint. 

Are you able to try an alternative Usb Cord to rule out the one your currently using. 

I advise to approach the Manufacturer as a first port of call as they know their Hardware and Software a little better than a Repair Centre.  HTC UK Support.

HTC warranty is 24 months on the phone and 12 months on the battery. 

I wish you well. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

is there any message when trying to charge?  Will it charge if switched off?

Mine went into USB host mode and nothing would sort it (well documented issue).   Went in to Vodafone shop for it to be sent away/repair. Got given a new replacement instead under warranty

Your first port of call is Vodafone not HTC

Hi,

there is no message when trying to charge, although I do have to have it turned of to actually charge the phone (even though it's slow I don't think it's USB host mode!

thanks for your experience I will probably go into my local Vodafone shop and see if they can do anything

Hello,

Yes I have tried many different usb cables, including the official HTC cable! 

Also there port is clear (surprisingly) so that cannot be the problem.

I bought the phone on payg so I am not sure if I have an account or not, however I do have a receipt etc so I can prove my purchase from Vodafone 

BandOfBrothers

@Lowryy28 wrote:

Hello,

Yes I have tried many different usb cables, including the official HTC cable! 

Also there port is clear (surprisingly) so that cannot be the problem.

I bought the phone on payg so I am not sure if I have an account or not, however I do have a receipt etc so I can prove my purchase from Vodafone 

The receipt is proof of purchase so you will be ok to approach Vodafone. Perhaps also consider contacting the manufacturer as suggested in my first reply. 

I hope this is sorted asap for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.