Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 for sale

tailwhip2000
5: Helper

Dear mods,

are we allowed to start a "for sale" thread within the relevant phone section on here?

I have a htc one m8 (brand new in box) for sale, but wondered if it is allowed to be posted in here or not?

If not, then apologies for this.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

You will need to get this clarified by the Team but is does say in the House Rules that you cannot advertise.

Not sure about selling from within the forum though?

HOUSE RULES

Comments and Links: Posts linking to other websites will be allowed as long as they go to somewhere relevant to the conversation or the post. Please note that links and comments that are irrelevant, advertising, spam, offensive, inappropriate or link to competitors will be removed

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

thesoupdragon

You will need to get this clarified by the Team but is does say in the House Rules that you cannot advertise.

Not sure about selling from within the forum though?

HOUSE RULES

Comments and Links: Posts linking to other websites will be allowed as long as they go to somewhere relevant to the conversation or the post. Please note that links and comments that are irrelevant, advertising, spam, offensive, inappropriate or link to competitors will be removed

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

A good question.

There is a line in the T&C that you can't sell things on the forum for commercial purposes without the permission of VF.

Not sure if that would also apply to second hand devices.

It will be interesting to see what the official line is from the forum team.

Apologies mods

hrym

The main caveat would be: be careful.  I assume you'd do any transaction behind the scenes in PM's, but this is a completely public forum, so neither you nor the buyer would have any kind of protection.  Personally, I think I'd use Amazon Marketplace or eBay.