Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 warranty question.

pan24v
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

I have a HTC One M8, bought from new by me from another company just over a year ago as I'm on a sim only contract.

The phone has developed a fault which I initially thought was the sim card as there was a bit of play when the sim was seated in the tray. I have had this replaced in the Vodafone shop which made no difference it still says no sim card installed.

I was advised by the kind gent in the Vodafone shop that my phone has a 2 year warranty when I thought it had just run out of warranty, he offered there and then to send it away for repair but I was waiting for a reply from the company I originally purchased from regarding giving grace for the short time of warranty expiry so I declined.

My question is (as I never asked the gent in the shop at the time) do Vodafone charge to send the phone off for repair as I never originally purchased from Vodafone?

Any advice on this would be a great help.

Many thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

No their is no charge to send it off. 

The repair centre would evaluate the phone and either repair it if the issue falls under the manufacturer warranty or if not contact you with a costing. 

An alternative is that you can speak to the Manufacturer via their online Uk Support page. They give the 24 month manufacturers warranty. 

htc uk support.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

That's good to know, thank you for your help - I will contact HTC first to see what they say then go from there.

Thanks again.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

Best of luck. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you :smileyhappy:

thesoupdragon

If you buy a Phone from a retailer other than Vodafone you would have to return the device to that retailer for a Free Warranty repair or directly to the manufacturer.

[Following text from Vodafone Help & Support]

When I buy a device from Vodafone, how long does the warranty last?
Except for Apple products, all devices come with our standard 24-month warranty. If you’re a Pay monthly or Business customer, this applies whatever the length or type of your price plan. If you’re a Pay as you go customer, your warranty starts on the day you buy your device.
You also get a 12-month warranty on all the accessories that are in the box when you buy your device.

That last statement is if you buy the device from Vodafone so in this case that statement means nothing. Take the device back to the retailer who you bought it from and get them to sort it out.

thesoupdragon
If you read my post again... "Other than Vodafone"

The point I was making was to take it back to the original retailer. 😉

It was the lower statement that's misleading, text from Vodafone help and support, that only applies to devices (other than Apple) that are purchased through Vodafone.

thesoupdragon
No, it shows that there is no mention of providing warranty for devices bought elsewhere. 😉