Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 warranty repair?

Ben_W
3: Seeker
What's the best way to go about arranging a warranty repair for my One M8?

Main mic seems to have failed. People can't hear me. Works ok on speakerphkne etc.

Phone is approx 18 months old so should still be under HTCs 2 year warranty.

Do I go via vodaphone or straight to HTC?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I assume no dust / Lint is in any of the ports including the speaker ?

I would suggest approaching the manufacturer under their 24 month warranty, as they know their Hardware and Software better than a repair centre. 

As as long as no damage has been caused by a drop or water ingression.

Htc uk support

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

BoB,

Thanks for the reply. No, nothing blocking the ports that I can see. The microphone performance has been getting worse for a little while.

Not dropped or any water ingress. Had already emailed HTC but thank you for the link....

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

You're Welcome. 

Would you please update your thread as this progresses. 

Its interesting to learn how a person is dealt with when support is requested, and of course provides invaluable assistance to someone searching for similar help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ben_W
Well,

Sent the email to HTC about 8pm last night and they responded this morning. Advised power cycling it, checking for a software update, removing apps one by one until the Mic works again or doing a master reset. To be honest, it needs another master reset since the latest software update as the service config message issue I had before has returned but I don't think this will fix it.

They've said to mail back if none of the above work and they will arrange to get it sent in for service.

hrym

A factory reset would be part of the repair process anyway, so you won't havve lost anything by doing one yourself.  Don't forget to make sure your contacts and calendar are fully sync'd first and that you've backed up your content (you sound as though you're aware of all that, but it never hurts to check...)