Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One Max and Red Box

spacemonkeypg
4: Newbie

So i attempted a factory reset with my one ma this morning as the volume keep turning itself down. During the factory reset it has hung on the boot screen. I Vodafone to sort a repair as i am on the red box tarrif, they referred me to HTC themselves, who have decided the phone needs repairing. So a call back to Vodafone to get a replacement handset and guess what REFUSED. 

Why?

Because HTC are repairing the handset and not Vodafone. So the point at which i purchased the phone from Vodafone and asked them to repair it, thus resulting in them asking me to contact HTC directly results in me gainining no replacement phone. So i ask what is the point in the Red Box tarrif? More so when if your handset needs replacement or repair by the manufacturer the replacement handset condition becomes void?

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

While the phone is with HTC, Vodafone can't really do anything.   HTC may even give you a replacement if they can't repair the device.  If the repair fails, of course, you can go back to Vodafone and invoke the terms of your contract.   I'm not fully aware of the terms of Red contracts, but I thought that the deal included a loan device while yours was away, not a replacement.

I don't know why you were referred to HTC rather than Vodafone's own repair service being used.  However, the forum team will be able to investiage for you and get all the facts.   Hang on, they'll get to you in due course.

thesoupdragon

I think you are referring to Vodafone 5 Star Care which offers a loan Phone (Smart 3) while yours is repaired?

In the "Always Working" section, it does state you need to take the Phone in-store, where a repair and loan phone will be provided.

Always working

If you bought your smartphone from us and it needs to be repaired, we’ll lend you another one so you can carry on as normal. Come and see us in store and our advisers will sort out your repair and give you a Vodafone Smart III loaded with your contacts, so you don't miss a thing.

Perhaps this should have been pointed out to you on the Phone?

The Team will need to look into this for you and hopefully sort something out?

Wink.gif

Hi spacemonkeypg,

I’m not sure why you were referred to HTC direct. We’d always recommend that you use our repair service.

You’d only be entitled to a loan phone when sending your phone away via our store.

Thanks,

Sarah 

Hi there it was the online chat option whom i spoke to on the website. A guy called "Nelson" called me and put me through to the technical team whom gave me the contact number for HTC and told me to call them directly. 

And yes its the always working that i was referring to