Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One Mini 2 com.android.phone has stopped working

OScrimshaw
2: Seeker

My phone ran out of charge so i charged it up, yet when i turned my phone on and unlocked it an error message appeared "Com.anrdroid.phone has stopped working" or something along those lines, i clicked send error report, sent it, and the same message popped up again. evertime i exit the message, it pops up again. Also Google play pops up with an error message saying it has stopped working, i have no signal/network and i dont know what to do. I have only had my phone for a few months, i think this is an outrage.

21 REPLIES 21

richjlong

I have had my HTC One Mini 2 about a month and so far I have lost the internet (the one that links with twitter and Instagram) and have had to resort to using Google Chrome. I must have had 50 various error reports to send to HTC but nothing has changed. Now all my widgets have gone so no clock on the home screen with the weather and its nowhere to be seen on the device, i have tried closing phone down and restarting. If I had the choice (please advise if I do) I would hand this phone back for a different make. Totally put me off HTC.

hrym
17: Community Champion

In the first instance, try a factory reset.  It sounds as though the operating system may have become corrupt, probably due to the flat battery.   It's generally a good idea not to allow this to happen, both for this reason and to protect the battery itself.   Recharge when the battery gets to 20% and, if you can;t do that, turn the phone off when it gets to 10%.

I try to do a factory Reset, but i find this impossible as the warning message continuously pops up, aswell as many other error messages. HELP ME :Crying_Face: Should i take this into a vodafone store?

hrym

I found this on the HTC website:

If you can’t turn HTC One on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC One.

Important: The Fast boot option in Settings > Power must not be selected.
  1. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
  2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
  3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.

Does that help?

Remember that your phone will revert to its out-of-the-box state and your Google account, apps and content will be removed.   If you choose the restore option when you set it up again, your apps will be reloaded, but any content not backed up will be lost.

Maaz2503
1: Seeker
Hi, I've had the same problem with my HTC One Mini 2 & it's not even been a month of me keeping the phone! I tried factory resetting the phone through settings, but dialogue boxes just kept opening up! I then tried the volume down and power button, but it just said "press and hold the volume down and power button to restart" It does not factory reset my phone! Need help urgently, can't live without my phone!

hrym

If you've tried all the usual self-help routes, you may have to send the device off for repair.  It's possible that the firmware needs to be re-flashed and that would normally be part of the process.

Angie79
4: Newbie
Hi, I've had these for the last 3 months. Performed factory reset etc. Works fine then a few weeks later all goes wrong again. Very frustrating.
Did anyone have any help with this?
Thanks
Angie

Maaz2503
1: Seeker
Thanks! 😊 I went into store, and they checked it out that day! 👍 Really happy with there service! Thank you anyway! Had my phone 📱 up and running again within a day!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

@Angie79 - I've replied to your duplicate post.

@Maaz2503 - I'm glad to see we managed to get you all sorted. :Smiling:

Cheers,

Ben