Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One Mini 2 com.android.phone has stopped working

OScrimshaw
2: Seeker

My phone ran out of charge so i charged it up, yet when i turned my phone on and unlocked it an error message appeared "Com.anrdroid.phone has stopped working" or something along those lines, i clicked send error report, sent it, and the same message popped up again. evertime i exit the message, it pops up again. Also Google play pops up with an error message saying it has stopped working, i have no signal/network and i dont know what to do. I have only had my phone for a few months, i think this is an outrage.

21 REPLIES 21

@Maaz2503 Any idea on what they repaird?

My HTC one mini 2 does the exact same thing every 2 months, some times sooner. It did it again today. Messages, email wont open, it says "messages has stopped unexpectedly......", it deleted whatsapp off my phone completely and I cant change any settings or install whatapp again.

i am busy copying photos off now to do yet another factory restore, but its only counting the weeks until it happens again.

Seeing as this seems to be a common fault is there no know cause or solution? Do I have to send it away for repiar or is there a vodafone shop I can take it in to?

Thanks

I took it to a Vodafone store and sent away for repiar.

Will update here with what they say when I get it back.

Maaz2503
1: Seeker
Apparently they just factory resseted it! @tellamark

That is what I have done when its done this, but it just happens again 1 or 2 months later so not really a proper fix.

Maaz2503
1: Seeker
True! 😐 I think it is a problem with some of the HTC Mini phones... The dialogue box problem that happened to me at the beginning just happened to me a few days ago!! Fortunately I found a video on YouTube which helps to factory reset the phone, and so I didn't have to take the phone in store! @tellamark

suzmac

I bought one of these in Nov 2014. It had to be returned on Feb 13th 2015 for the same errors and then also on March 8th 2015. On March 21st I was given a replacement phone which of yesterday has again broken with the exact same error. each time my phone was sent for repair i was told that the engineers did not know why it had broken.

i am on my 3rd horrendous courtesy phone supplied by Vodafone however on this occasion i have refused to send my HTC for repair and i am requesting an entirely different mobile device to be supplied by Vodafone as there is clearly a software error with the HTC. 

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@suzmac,

This isn't a decision we can make on the eForum.

You'll need to send this away so our repair centre can see what options are available to you.

DaveCD

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, found this on xda forum

how to fix "android.process.media has stopped"
After upgrading to ICS, this error message pops up 1-3 times over the first few minutes after each boot, and periodically afterwards.
After some research I found there is 1, possibly 2 apps/services responsible for this error. I disabled both of them and the error has not returned. I've noticed no impact to disabling these services, though they are easy to re-enable if side effects appear.
The services are "Media Storage" and "DRM Protected Content Storage".
In ICS, you can disable them (or any other app/service) by:
1. Go to System-Apps-All
2. Scroll to the app in the list, click "Disable"

Another post there says instead of disabling try clearing data.

One more post suggests its to do with the external sd card and it's formatting, try formatting the sd card in another phone.

Don't know if any of these any help??

63johnw
Sorry, just realised its not exactly the same error message.

suzmac
it was not an inquiry but a statement to warn other Vodafone customers that this handset is unreliable, will need replaced or repaired every 4-6 weeks and this issue will continue until the warranty runs out 12 months sooner than your contract ends. I have escalated a dispute within the correct team three times now and i am awaiting a response