Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One Mini 2 mobile data disconnected

murree1985
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had my phone since June and I am finding the everytime I leave a wifi area (at home or a friends) my phone won't connect to mobile data (message - disconnected as service is unavaliable). I have to toggle airplane mode on/off to get it to connect. 

This happens everywhere and my partners phone (who is also vodafone) has a signal.

Incidently my old Iphone 4 did the same thing!

10 REPLIES 10

hrym
17: Community Champion

This sounds like a network issue.  Can you connect to data when you go somewhere else?  Have a look a the Network Checker and see if there are any known issues.   If not, come back here and the team can investiage further for you.

It doesn't seem to matter where I am. And when I turn airplane mode on/off it comes back on full strength :smileysad:

hrym

That doesn't sound right.  Hang on for the forum team, who should be able to help you.  I suspect they'll suggest a repair, tbh.

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi murree1985,

If this is happening for you in multiple locations it sounds like it is a fault with the phone.

So we can take a look at the phone for you see here, or pop in to your local store,  they’ll be able to arrange for a phone engineer to look at this.

Cheers,

Laura

hrym

Before you go down the repair route, one final thought.  Try a new SIM.   If you're using the same one in the HTC as you did in the iPhone, it's possible that's the problem (not for that reason, merely that it's the same one).  If you had a new one, that tends to rule that out, but it's worth a try anyway.  You can order one from Customer Services or get one in a shop, who'll be able to activate it for you.

dlorde
7: Helper
7: Helper

I quite sometimes get the same problem - not every time, but enough to be irritating. Sometimes it fails to switch between wifi and mobile data (I find turning off wifi triggers it to switch), sometimes it doesn't switch back to wifi when it should. 

I had the same problem with my previous HTC One S.

hrym

I've had something similar. Not reconnecting from wifi, but getting mobile data back after being in an area of poor or no signal.   Sometimes, just turning mobile data off and on again is enough, but not always.  It does seem to be an HTC thing (One X M8).

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dlorde,

If you’d like get in touch with us here, we can look into this for you.

hrym - Is there anything you'd like us to help with?

Thanks,

Sarah 

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the offer of help. If you recognise this auto-switching unreliability as a known issue that has a known resolution that works, I'd be glad to take advantage.

But if it isn't a known issue with a known resolution, it's not enough of an annoyance to me at present to be worth going through a lot of trial & error tests, probably including a factory reset...