Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One Mini 2 screen interrupted on signal loss

dlorde
7: Helper
7: Helper

My HTC OM2 has a problem I remember from the HTC Desire - when it loses its cell signal, it tries to pop up the 'select network operators' or 'available networks' screen (not sure which it is, now I'm back in range), displacing whatever app screen is being displayed.  

This isn't a major problem for most apps, but when I'm driving and running a satnav app, this network pop-up causes the screen to blank (as if timed out), so I have to press 'Power' and unlock to regain the display. The app continues to run in the background, so I still get turn-by-turn audio instructions, but sometimes you really need the satnav display, and trying to reactivate the display while driving is potentially dangerous, especially as, in weak signal areas, it can happen repeatedly.

Does anyone know if it is possible to disable this useless and annoying popup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dlorde, 

I don't believe there is a way to disable this unfortunately. 

The only way to stop this happening is to put the phone in flight mode so that it's not trying to connect to a network.

This obviously depends on the type of satnav app you're using and if it needs a constant network connection. 

Thanks, 

Kay

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dlorde, 

I don't believe there is a way to disable this unfortunately. 

The only way to stop this happening is to put the phone in flight mode so that it's not trying to connect to a network.

This obviously depends on the type of satnav app you're using and if it needs a constant network connection. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Thanks Kay,

I suspected that might be the case. The satnav will work without a network connection, but I will lose live traffic updates. A bit of a Hobson's choice really.

I suppose I could disable the lock screen before using the satnav - that might reduce the number of key presses to get the screen back. As long as I remember to set it on again afterwards...