Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One Mini Cracks in Housing

lynton2807
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My HTC One Mini has developed some hairline cracks in the white plastic of the housing which I hadn't noticed as the handset is kept in a case. The cracks are on the bottom near the micro usb, on the side and along the white strip above the beats logo. I searched online to see if this was a common issue, and found the following thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2423339

However when I visited a store today I was dismissed saying I would be charged for a repair as he hadn't heard of the issue. I was hoping to email Vodafone regarding this, but as I can't find an email address and the Contact form does not allow attachments I thought I would try on here for a response.

P1000172.JPG

P1000172.JPG

P1000177.JPG

31 REPLIES 31

drey_p
16: Advanced member
If you feel strongly about this, contact HTC and get them to repair or replace the device for you. They seem to be acknowledging the fault so that is a step in the right direction. It should mean that their repair centres are aware of the problem and will not have any issues sorting the device out.

PWIAC

GojuSuzi
Problem is that if HTC won't acknowledge it as a design/manufacturing fault, Vodafone are in a tough position as it's your word against the manufacturer's, so they have to rely on the engineers' judgements.