Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One Mini stuck on Android 4.4.2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the first HTC One Mini (M4) and it's been stuck on 4.4.2 for ages, saying "there are no updates available for your phone".  Have Vodafone provided updates for this model?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the eForum.

You’re able to check the exact Firmware you’re on and if there are any updates by checking:

1. Settings
  2. About
  3. Software updates

We’re unable to advise on the upcoming Firmware.

See our Firmware statement for more information.

Cheers,

Laura

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but I'm not enquiring about future firmware updates.  I am wondering when and how I can get 4.4.3 to begin with.  This is a very old update so I was hoping you could check whether this was made available to my phone.

My phone claims to be up to date so I'm wondering if there's a technical problem with it (assuming 4.4.3 is available).

thanks

lollypop not yet relised on HTC one mini so your firmware is the most recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't expect Lollipop yet but surely 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 (both KitKat) are available for my phone by now?

Hi @Anonymous,

We can't elaborate any further on firmware releases.

All the information we can give is on our firmware statement.

Thanks,

Matt

If your phone is out of warenty, and you dont mind getting into a bit of tech stuff - you can "s-off" (security off - allows you to install custom ROM) your HTC One Mini and install custom roms with new features. 

I currently have "CyanogenMOD 4.4.1" on my HTC One Mini .  Its sooo much better then the stock "HTC sense" rom.  The only downside is that because it is "rooted", my bank app no longer works - I just use the website now... :Smiling: 

If you are interested, google search "XDA Developers HTC one Mini CyanogenMOD"

it can be a nervy experience as you need to factory wipe your phone and do other techy stuff, but it is very possible, by following instructions carefully...

I take no responsability if you brick your device..... :Smiling:

Good Luck !

UPDATE..... Im now on 4.4.4 CyanogenMod. Much smoother, and less lag.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know - thanks for the update