Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One X + continuous reboot

Mark123perry
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All (first post)

Have had my One X + since December 2012 and had been very happy with it, until recently i have had a problem with the sim card, with an error message that read something like "sim card not detected" the sim would then be found and the problem would be sorted. This happened in bouts a few times but has since stopped so I didnt feel the need for assistance.

Just recently my phone has randomly shut itself down stating a message telling me i had 3 seconds to restart phone or something like that (I never see the message long enough to read it and as the shut downs are so random i can never predict when the message will appear). Once shut down the phone will restart but only to a certain point (the HTC quietly brilliant screen) the phone will then shut down again and will repeat this for the foreseeable future (or battery dies), I can however get on the phone by holding the power button down during this reboot cycle.

Now this isnt an issue as i can carry on using the phone but then randomly out of nowhere the phone will shut down again. I have done a bit of searching on this issue and have found similar but not the exact problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I should add that in this restart cycle the phone is noticeably warm.

Thanks

Mark

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

There could be an issue with the phone's hardware, possibly the battery which is why it is causing the reboots.  Have you recently installed any new apps or updated the firmware - it could be one of those causing issues.

Have you tried a factory reset of the device to see if that helps?  I would recommend not installing any apps just to see how it behaves afterwards.  If it is still playing up after a factory reset, I would recommend sending the handset off for repair. 

PWIAC

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Phones getting hot are usually a sign that something is in use constantly and that the process has become stuck.

The Phone can either enter a "kernel panic" and crash or simply run out of memory and restart.

The issue with restarting would suggest a crash more than a memory reboot.

This can be caused by a rogue app, a hardware fault or a system corruption.

The first thing to try is a Factory Reset as suggested by drey_p. As drey mentioned don't install any apps and see what happens?

If the Phone crashes in the same way it is either hardware or software? The best thing to do then is send away for repair!

If everything is fine, then install apps one at a time leaving at least an hour between apps to see if there is any issue?

If it crashes after an app install then it could possibly be that app?

One final thought, it could also be a faulty battery? Perhaps install a battery monitor app to keep an eye on battery condition?