Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One abnormal reset

thealexmad
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Over the last 24hrs or so my phone has restarted around 20 times for no apparent reason, I have done a hard reset but this hasn't resolved the issue.

Any help would be gratefully received thanks

Matt Smith 

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion

It's possible that this is an app.  When you reset, did you try running it vanilla, without anything else installed, for a bit?   It's also possible that it's a battery issue?   Is the life and/or charge time suspiciously short?   Failing that, the boot partitiion may be corrupt which, afaik, will need it to go off for repair.

I just put everything back on from a backup, battery life and charging time haven't seemed any different to be honest.

One strange thing is it seems to happen more often when my phone is in my pocket !

Trip to the shop tomorrow I think.

thesoupdragon
If the phone is getting unusually warm when idle in your pocket, I would guess at a battery problem.

However some apps can become corrupt and cause the same effect...

My advice would be factory reset and DON'T allow the phone to update or download any apps or backup data.
Just log in so you can use the phone but as bare as possible. See if that helps? If it does then you know it's app related, if it still restarts it is more than likely to be hardware or the main Operating system which will need a repair.
😉