Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One and Sky Mobile TV

wjfreeman
4: Newbie

Has anyone actually got this working on the HTC One?

I have spent more than 2 months trying to get this working and have experienced some of the worst customer support I have ever had! The final straw has been recieving texts saying 'You are missing out on your free trial'!!!! I know I am missing out and have spent over 24hrs on the phone to you with no solution and numerous times when the operator has just hung up. If this isn't sorted soon I am going to have to take this further!

On a side note I asked them to activate my MMS messaging and when it still wouldn't work I contacted them again and was told instead of activating it they had barred it!

I have been with Vodafone for many many years but they are really starting to annoy me now!

113 REPLIES 113

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi wjfreeman,

The Sky Sports Mobile TV app is supported on the HTC One, so it should be working.

What's happening when you try to run it? Have you followed all the steps on our help video when signing up for it?

With the MMS, try following the steps on our internet settings page to make sure that all the correct settings are in place on the phone.

If that doesn't help, what happens when you try to send or receive one?

Dave

Hi Dave,

The problem with the sky seems to stem from having an IPhone very briefly (which it worked on) and then switching to the HTC One. Now when I try to register for the entertainment pack I keep getting told my number has not been registered and to contact Vodafone customer support. I have had numerous dealings with them and apparently my case has been passed to the highest level and they are working on it (5 weeks and counting!). My initial 6 month trial has been removed and a new one started but I still keep getting the number not registered message. The final straw has been receiving texts telling me I am missing out and to visit the entertainment link but I still get the same mnessage. I think I am really swimming against the tide on this one!

Regarding the MMS, the kind operator I asked to activate it barred it instead! It has since been activated and is working.

Cheers

Will

bmcjpc
4: Newbie

My God I thought I was the only person with this problem!!!!

Upgrade to a Sony SP at the beginning of January on 4G and took the Sky Mobile TV app option. After a week of poor advice from Vodafone support I found out that the SP was not supported by the Sky app so I complained and changed to a HTC One (would rather have had a sony but at the time most were not supported by sky app)

The first HTC One turned up and was FAULTY --- NO WIFI again very poor support from Vodafone – In the end I went to a Vodafone shop to prove it was DEAD and then still had to wait for a replacement HTC to be delivered because for some strange reason you cant swop it in store (what’s the point of having a shop then??? Oh yes just to sell stuff!!)

Finally a handset that works and supports Sky Mobile TV app BUT no it still didn’t work!!!!!  THIS IS NOW GETTING VERY frustrating!!

The problem now is that I created my Sky account with the SONY SP (that at the time was not supported) and when I tried to log in I couldn’t because I had reached my device limit….. so back on the phone to Vodafone support not once but at least 4 or 5 times wasting hours and hours and hours.

The last thing that Vodafone did was to “delete my entertainment account” I think!!

And I now seam to be I the same boat as you, The Sky app still will not work and the Vodafone entertainment web page is now telling me that my number is not registered for this service “Please contact customer care” WHY what good will that do???    

Upgraded on the 6th of Jan and still not working today 20th Feb

Am now waiting for someone to call me back if they don’t then I will be cancelling my direct debit as Vodafone have failed to provide a service that was agreed.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

@Will - Is this working for you now ?

@bmcjpc – If we’ve deleted your entertainment account, then we’ll need you to re-register.

Please can you text ENTERTAINMENT to 97613 to receive our activation link?

If this doesn’t resolve it, please get in touch with my team here so that we can take a look.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi Gemma thanks for the reply at least someone at voda is talking to me.

Ok just to let you know i have done all of this and nothing works but just to quadruple check lets try again.

The link that i get when i text to 97613 is still  not working, i get a web page with the following error

Your phone number has not been registered. Please contact vodafone customer care for assistance.

I dont want to waste any more of my time in a queue to speak to someone in Cairo.

My problem has already been escalated the the highest technical department that you can offer however that was at least 14 days ago. What can it be that's got the finest programing minds so baffled??

Anyway i will fill out your form for you and hope this doesnt add to the confusion

Thanks (for the reply) 

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

bmcjpc - If you get in touch via email we'll be happy to help.

wjfreeman - You can find out how to get in touch with us here.

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian

yes thanks have sent an email and had have had a call (6pm sunday eve) confirming the email arrived and to let me know that you would be sending me an email to confirm that you got the email.

still no soultion though, fingers crossed

Thanks

Just to let you know my HTC One has just been upgraded to 4.4

Sky still not working (4.4 is supported and I didn't think that it would make any difference)

But i have noticed the the BBC Iplayer app now works every time. Before i would almost always get sound and no picture especially with live TV. So something has changed

Cheers

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bmcjpc,

Thanks for posting back. I'm glad to see we have your Sky Sports Mobile TV query in hand.

I updated my HTC One yesterday too. I'm already noticing longer battery life and faster transitions. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben