Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One and Sky Mobile TV

wjfreeman
4: Newbie

Has anyone actually got this working on the HTC One?

I have spent more than 2 months trying to get this working and have experienced some of the worst customer support I have ever had! The final straw has been recieving texts saying 'You are missing out on your free trial'!!!! I know I am missing out and have spent over 24hrs on the phone to you with no solution and numerous times when the operator has just hung up. If this isn't sorted soon I am going to have to take this further!

On a side note I asked them to activate my MMS messaging and when it still wouldn't work I contacted them again and was told instead of activating it they had barred it!

I have been with Vodafone for many many years but they are really starting to annoy me now!

113 REPLIES 113

Hi Gemma just replied to the last email i had from vodafone customer services...  it was dated 23/02/2014

Is that OK??

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

@JoeyFritzl – Please click here to send us your details so that we can take a look. 

@bmcjpc – That’s great thanks.

It’s in our email queue, someone from the team will be in touch as soon as we reach it.

Thanks,

Gemma

Gemma have an update for you

I have turned off the always scan option in my wifi settings as suggested in another thread.

I now get an error "YOUR SUBSCRIPTTION HAS EXPIRED" how can this be it never worked and i have only had the phone since jan

Still get the "YOUR NUMBER IS NOT REGISTERED ERROR" ON YOUR ENTERTAINMENT PAGE

Hi Gemma just sent the following in another email!!!!!

Hi An update for you

On the forum someone suggested that on the HTC ONE under advanced wifi setting that you need to turn off the “scanning always available” setting to get the sky sports app to work. So I have done this and now get a different error.
It now comes up with “YOUR SUBSCRITION HAS EXPIRED”

So i think the app is now working my end but it now thinks its expired because i had to change my phone and someone your end removed my account.
My subscription cannot have run out as i only upgraded in Jan. Also when i go to the entertainment page on your web site it still comes up with
“ Your number has not been registered please contact customer services”

This now looks like its just a case of reregistering my phone for the sky service

Thanks

Cliff

Right, I'm sorted. I went into advanced settings of my wifi and turned off 'always searching', the update that brings that along is the SOLE reason it doesn't work. I reset my phone after that and it's all gone like clockwork.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

@Cliff – Thanks for the update, we’ve received your additional email.

We’ll be in touch as soon as we reach the one from 12 March.

@JoeyFritzl – That’s great thanks for sharing this.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi just say I done the same went into advanced wifi and turned it off everything is okay now finally. Thanks

Hi Corsaboy2007,

That's great news! Thanks for letting us know. :smileyhappy:

It also shows that this fix works in more than one case, which will help others sort things.

Dave

But none of this is helping us, my thread has been hijacked, I haven't got wifi problems!

IT SAYS NUMBER NOT REGISTERED, CONTACT SUPPORT!

This is all due tochanging handsets. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I COMPLAIN BEFORE I JUST STOP THE DIRECT DEBIT

Note: Complaint has been sent, investigating where I go now with a poorly sold 2 yr contract that is blatently not fit for use.

Hi wjfreeman,

I’m sorry that you’ve not heard anything back as yet.

I’ve chased this again for you today and we’ll be in touch as soon as we get more information.

Cheers,

Andy