Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One m8 Dot Case

Tink-GB
12: Established
Well I have had my Dot Matrix case for 5 months now and I have to say it was the best £35 I spent. It hugs the phone, adds little to bulk it up and the functionality of it is still awesome when compared to other plain Jane cases.

However I have two problems with it now...firstly the hinge broke after I dropped it...don't know how I did it but its half ripped off where it meets the hard shell...that said when the phone is inserted it holds it well.

More worryingly the rubber has started to degrade as the inside and outside seems to get slimey and greasey. I've washed it, powdered it and its like new, however within a day it reverts, to the point where it continually leaves its pattern on the glass.

The last time thus happened was a cheapo case with suckers to keep the flap closed on my HTC One m7...that was so bad the petroleum based rubber ate through the gorilla glass plastic coating permanently marking it.

I'm now afraid this will eventually do the same thing.

Anyone else having this issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LordLanky
6: Helper
Likewise here, although I wouldn't have paid this much for a case; luckily mine was a gift!

So, yes, love it, but have seen some minor degradation of the hinge. Not to the same level you have, but for example I could answer the phone one handed when new, and now can only answer two handed as the cover (due to hinge) moves about too much.

Also, to your greasy point, mine sticks to the screen, again requiring a second hand to unsuck it off the phone.

Overall it is still on there, so can't be too bad.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

LordLanky
Likewise here, although I wouldn't have paid this much for a case; luckily mine was a gift!

So, yes, love it, but have seen some minor degradation of the hinge. Not to the same level you have, but for example I could answer the phone one handed when new, and now can only answer two handed as the cover (due to hinge) moves about too much.

Also, to your greasy point, mine sticks to the screen, again requiring a second hand to unsuck it off the phone.

Overall it is still on there, so can't be too bad.

Tink-GB
After the latest update to the Dot software I think its now worth the money personally.

It hug the phone so well, not adding much profile to it, yet it allows you to hold the phone with confidence. The slippery nature of Aluminium frame s the m8's only achilles IMHO.

Jebelious
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I opted for the official HTC normal case over the DOT one after seeing the DOT case demoed somewhere, its still holding up even after the little one getting hold of my phone daily. I was gutted that both cases did not offer the stand ability tho..

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

Tink-GB
I agree. I actually liked the m7 case design although version 1 was a little rough around the edges...version 2 is flimsier but didn't start peeling after a few months.
In both versions though the red inner got dirty easily.