Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One text issues

supergenius
4: Newbie

I am having serious issues with my HTC One, which i have had for about 4 months.  In the last few days I have experienced the following issues with the text message application:

The keyboard freezes, the message i am trying to compose closes down and i receive an error message saying that the text app has encountered an error and needs to close.  I then get an error reporting message.  When i go bacxk to the text message, what i had typed is still there in "drafts" and i can continue but it is now happening 2 or 3 times per message

Half way through typing a message the predictive text suddenly changes to the French dictionary.  Looking in the "Language" settings, the English - United Kingdom is still showing as the default but i have to change it to something else and than change it back to get it to work again

On replying to a text received a few minutes ago, I received an error message that the phone no. wasn't valid and then the app crashed again

This isn't very impressive!

Simon

6 REPLIES 6

hrym
17: Community Champion

Have you recently done a firmware update?  If so, it would be a good idea to factory reset the phone as this will clear out any bits of the old operating system that are left over and reload a fresh copy from ROM.   You'll need to back up your data first.

If not, go into Settings and down to Apps.  Scroll across to display All and look for Messaging (I think it's called).   Now force stop it and see if that clears the problem.  If not, do it again, but this time clear the cache and data.  Any joy?

Thanks for the tips.  I'm not keen on doing a factory re-set just at the moment but i might have to resport to that.  I've done the "forced stop" and cleared the cache and sent one message without issue.  I'll see how it goes.

maybe try another keyboard? i have had alot of success with google keyboard

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

thesoupdragon

You can also disable "Other Language" support in the keyboard. This will help prevent language errors and also reduce the size of the cache.

hrym

Good point from @thesoupdragon .  Before I did that, I kept getting into Czech when I least expected it.

billy-wizzz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Supergenius,

This problem will be Rich Communication Suite.

See other posts,

What you discribe is what's happening to others since the firmware update!

Billy

Wrong Post please ignore