Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
300torture

HTC Sensation, No signal

Received my new HTC Sensation last week, Signal on phone is SHOCKING, ranges from full signal to no signal without phone even being moved. I am missing calls and texts because of this, Have changed phone to 2G network, not made any difference at all.

Please advise position, because this phone is currently unusable.

Ps my old nokia 5800 express music has no problem receiving the signal in the same locations.

Message 1 of 16 (12,761 Views)
300torture

Re: HTC Sensation, No signal

Have spoken to VF and they are sending me a new sim card, they are sure it will fix the issue, however im not convinced, guess only time will tell.

Message 2 of 16 (12,755 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi 300toture,

Did you try your SIM in a different phone before speaking to Vodafone? It could be a case that you have an older style SIM which may not work as intended in a newer phone.

Please let me know how this goes as I would like to help as much as possible.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team 

Message 3 of 16 (12,698 Views)
300torture

New sim arrived, guess what, phone does not work at all. Went to local vodafone store, got yet another sim, store assistant could not get phone to work. Rang customer services again,  replacement phone to be sent out today. Been over a week now with very limited phone and texts available. And phone totally dead now (no signal at all) . Whilst my new phone is on the way, i would like to know what Vodafone propose to do about my loss of service and inconvenience caused. Also reading other posts regarding HTC Sensation, this phone seems to be having all sorts of problems. Come on Vodafone sort it out.

Message 4 of 16 (12,667 Views)
300torture

Got new phone and another new sim, still cannot get a reliable signal at home, all my other phones get full vodafone signal in same location, please advise position as this is driving me mad, im not sure if i want to keep this phone if i cannot get a signal.

Message 5 of 16 (12,598 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Noetic

As has been mentioned this was fixed in a firmware update, so it's just a matter of waiting for VF to adapt it and push it out to us
Message 6 of 16 (12,578 Views)
leightonr

Wow this phone is shocking.  I've now had 2 phones from Vodafone and a new SIM and it has not cured the problem.  I have also received a Vodafone SureSignal.  I have the phone sat here alongside a Sony Ericsson Xperia and a Nokia 6230i all with Vodafone SIMs in.  Both other phones show 4 bars and the Sensation shows No signal Limited service but occassionally shows 4 bars.

Well this is unusable - I am really annoyed that Vodafone have wasted my time by sending me this and having to go through the hassle of changing a phone and then getting a SIM and then to learn that a firmware update is required.  I am so annoyed I'm contemplating changing all the family phones to another operator.

Message 7 of 16 (12,542 Views)
Stoney

Hi,

I'm also having big trouble with the HTC Sensation and signal issues.

Whilst I'm at work, I can see the signal bar regularly go from 3 bars, to no signal, despite the phone not moving at all.

I've been in contact with Vodafone support by email and they've said to send the phone back for repairs - but after seeing many other people suffering the same situation, and many have already had their phones replaced, I don't see this is going to help.

I've had the same handset since the launch date, so I definitely can't send it back now - and I honestly do not want to suffer this for 2 years.

I'm not at all interested in that Sure Signal device, I don't want something else connected to my home broadband, and what am I supposed to do when I'm out and about? I was in the middle of the village yesterday and I had no signal!

Post codes CB23 6DQ and NR13 5JB where I work, and where my family live are terrible. I had no signal at all when I was home last weekend.

Vodafone are definitely aware of this situation now, and I expect them to fix it. I also expect a form of compensation - since their coverage maps declare that signal is good in my areas, yet is obviously is not.

So I ask Vodafone - What are you doing to solve this issue for customers who are paying a lot of money for a service which is inconsistent?

Message 8 of 16 (12,377 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi Stoney,

Thanks for your post about signal on your HTC Sensation.

I'll address each postcode separately if that's ok with you?

CB23 6DQ - This postcode is served by site number 6190. You can probably see it just to the east of you. There's an open case for this site, raised just this morning with the reference 2257606. Obviously we've yet to have an engineer attend the site since the fault was raised 90 minutes ago but we have requested access already in readiness.

I can't specify the cause of the issue as we've not yet begun investigations.

I'll request this site to be added to our Faults Board.

NR13 5JB - There is no 3G coverage at this postcode. 2G at best is outdoor coverage only. The serving site is referenced 6686 and it's to the Southeast of the postcode at the Sports Centre in Blofield. There is nothing wrong with the site as far as I can tell and there are currently no open cases.

Have you tried switching to 2G only when you are at work? Our Sensation Help Centre will give you details of how to switch to 2G only.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team 

Message 9 of 16 (12,340 Views)
Stoney

Hi Lee,

To be honest, even though the web page for site 6190 -CD23- CAMBOURNE says it's currently down, I swear I've got better signal the last few days than previously.

However, I have tried the 2G at NR13, however indoors or outdoors I get zero signal. That area has always had poor signal, but some is better than none.

Anyways, I should be getting a replacement today. Let's see if that will work better.

Thanks for looking into it.

Message 10 of 16 (12,267 Views)
Stoney

Hi Lee,

I now have a replacement phone and I feel like this one is worse than the other.

I replied to the customer services email which had all the details in, and I get a reply saying "Try hard resetting your phone".

Anyways, I'm dealing with them and hopefully a solution will be presented.

Message 11 of 16 (12,215 Views)
timothy_J_O

HAs vodafone acknowledged this as a wide spread problem with the handsets ?

Message 12 of 16 (12,193 Views)
gilby75

I too have a Sensation with the worst reception ever. The reception goes from full strength to zero without touching it. I have put my sim card in another phone whilst sitting next to the sensation and guess what, full reception. My girlfriend has a VF handset, full reception and why is VF suggesting Sure Strength when my phone doesnt work out and about. 

I have tried speaking to VF and they suggest turning the phone off, removing battery and sim card, then refitting and turning on the phone. Unbelievable! 

I feel that the only way we will get a solution from VF is by cancelling our direct debits. I refuse to pay for a phone that is of no use whatsoever.

Message 13 of 16 (12,093 Views)
jbomber8

Sounds like the HTC Legend saga all over again......

Message 14 of 16 (11,498 Views)
Coromandel

Having the same issues here too, I live at postcode ts6 and work at postcode ts12, and am having a lot of problems with signal loss. It is a little better if I switch to 2g but that's not very desirable for a handset this new. Hopefully a fix is in the works?
Message 15 of 16 (11,481 Views)
aclc19

I have same problem,shocking signal bars to nothing just looking at it without moving it,vf said its my sim,they said they will send a new one as mine was to old and was not compatible with new phone, why didnt they do this at the start,dothey like complaints,wish I had read these reports before,I would never had gone back to vodafone.by the way the sim has not turned up its over a week.vf blame royal mail. 

Message 16 of 16 (9,994 Views)