Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
DM3597

HTC Sensation crashing constantly!

My phone started to crash at 13:30 today and has now crashed 25 times rendering the phone virtually un useable. Is this just my phone or a known problem? It is apparently an HTC Sense problem.

Message 1 of 12 (17,223 Views)
roberttaylor

Re: HTC Sensation crashing constantly!

I came on googling the same error!!

Only since the last few days has it been doing this.

I have pulled battery, ensured its set right, tried it with / without SD card, done factory reset etc etc everything but it keeps doing it.

Very odd others are having similar at the same time!!

Message 2 of 12 (17,218 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
sbrk

hmm. I've had two 'tell HTC's today too. No system updates for a while so I can't see why.

what makes you think it's sense-related?
Message 3 of 12 (17,213 Views)
DM3597

Either 3 or 4 of the crashes referenced sense as having been the fault. 

Message 4 of 12 (17,211 Views)
DM3597

So far 5 crashes today on top of yesterdays 25 crashes!

Message 5 of 12 (17,185 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi DM3597 and roberttaylor

Thank you for your posts and it is great to see you here.:smileyhappy:

So we can investigate this for you please can you advise us the software version your devices are currently using.

Please back up all of your contacts and information and ensure that you are running the latest software on your device.

If you are still experiencing please take the device to your local store and one of our experts will be able to take a look and advise you of your best options or alternatively we can arrange a postal repair.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

It would be amazing if you could take 30 seconds to complete a quick survey to aid my development. :smileyvery-happy:

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 12 (17,173 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
tinky1

Just do a factory reset.

Settings-storage-factory data reset . If that fails to fix your issue, send for repair, as it is most likely hardware fault then.

Message 7 of 12 (17,166 Views)
roberttaylor

if you read my post it does say I did that.....

Message 8 of 12 (17,156 Views)
harvey28

The solution seems to be:

Go to Settings/ Apps.

Show All

Find HTC Sense

I had two different versions of Sense running after the ICS upgrade.

Disable the version with the lowest version number. Mine was 2.7 something

Reboot.

My Sensation was crashing up to five times per day. After this fix, I've been running 3 days now without one crash. Try it and see if it works for you.

Why HTC and Vodafone couldn't figure this out is beyond me.

Message 9 of 12 (15,602 Views)
Pharoah

Hi, my sensation has been doing exactly the same, full battery one minute then nearly empty, phone randomly switches itself off, also can be related to taking a picture or browsing the internet or making/receiving calls. I've done what the call centre told me to do i.e. perform a factory reset, which I've done several. They then told me to post my phone to the service centre, I got a phone call a couple of days later to say that my has liquid damage and unable to be repaired under waranty and it'll cost me £100 to fix! The phone has been no where near water all the time I've had it, I think they can't find the fault and I'm being fobbed off, which im very dissapointed with as I've been a Vodafone contract customer for over 15 years. They still have my phone at the service centre and don't know what to do now as I still have 1 year on my contract left, can anyone help?

Message 10 of 12 (15,515 Views)
skoobydoo73

[ Edited ]

mine's been doing the same. rambom crashes all day to the point i cant really use the fone

Message 11 of 12 (15,497 Views)
Pharoah

I've just posted a topic on my phone, read it before sending it off

Message 12 of 12 (15,493 Views)