You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

HTC Sensation weather app trouble

Hello, I have recently been having trouble with the weather app on my HTC Sensation. Location shows up as United Kingdom rather than my exact location. As many may know, the weather app is available on a widget combined with the clock, date, high and low temperature levels etc. One thing I have noticed is that when I tap on the weather part of this widget and the main weather screen loads, United Kingdom still shows up unless I either refresh the app or restart the handset. This can be very frustrating, especially when I know I am due to receive calls or texts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Message 1 of 13 (14,288 Views)

Re: HTC Sensation weather app trouble

Mine also, been without my HTC for last couple of weeks(numerous faults!), replacement phone given to me and everthing working great apart from same weather app problem! Driving around picks out my location a couple of times, but most of it I'm just in the UK!!
Message 2 of 13 (14,234 Views)

Snap!.... Its happening with my Sensation XL too, my  'location' always showing me in the United Kingdom, which is right i suppose??? but no specific 'Town' is listed as normal with HTC weather apps!?

Message 3 of 13 (14,230 Views)

Hello all,

I just posted on another thread on here entitled 'weather' which describes the same problem, I had the same thing happening with my sensation and it seems to have been fixed by going to home screen/menu/settings/location/re-install, hope it works for you guys too!

A

Message 4 of 13 (14,205 Views)

Hi All,

My problem is slightly different.   One day the weather app worked and the next it has a black screen.   Everything else is ok, sound, temps etc, just the background has gone black.

Message 5 of 13 (13,514 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello getasker,

Thanks for your post about the weather application on your handset.

Tell me; are you using the native application or a third party?

If it's a third party application then the obvious advice would be to uninstall the app and re-install it. If the application is a native one then you could try a hard reset followed by a factory reset if the hard reset doesn't work.

Head over to our Devices Help Centre for more information on how to reset your handset.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 6 of 13 (13,463 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

I've been getting this issue for a number of months. Started on my Desire, running gingerbread (the HTC Dev update,) and my girlfriends Desire Z. It's now happening too on my new Sensation.

Message 7 of 13 (13,422 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

I get this when connected to the wifi at home, when away from home it shows my current location.

Are you guys connected to wifi? Be it home or hotspot?

Message 8 of 13 (13,402 Views)

Having the exact same issue if you are taking count to escalate.

Google on the internet browser still shows speciifcs and Google maps has no isses pinpointing my exact location.
Message 9 of 13 (13,312 Views)

I rectified mine as follows: Go into settings and choose POWER, I then UN ticked Enable Power Efficiency. I then went to Settings/applications/manageapplications/ALL and then scrolled to WEATHER PROVIDER and cleared cache. I then put phone on airplane mode and then off airplane mode, mine has worked since. Maybe worth a try of this on yours.
Message 10 of 13 (13,223 Views)

This is an ongoing problem and is not just confined to the Sensation either.

See here

Message 11 of 13 (13,159 Views)

Re: HTC Sensation weather app trouble (United Kingdom)

I had the problem of the weather only showing United Kingdom.

Have been digging into this problem and found a fix on another forum that I can confirm works for me anyway

In settings, change the language to English (Ireland)... did a manual update and suddenly got my local weather that I hadnt seen on my sensation for a very long time :smileyhappy:

Hope it works for you

Andy

Message 12 of 13 (12,373 Views)

Re: HTC Sensation weather app trouble (United Kingdom)

My weather (& other location based apps) tends to get stuck on a place that I have been to until I connect to the internet or GPS for something after which it has usually updated itself to my current location.

I am trying to pin down which applications are best to pick up the location quickest and most accurately and whether it works on both Wifi & mobile network as well as with GPS but it is slow because I have to remember to do it when I am in a different place to the one shown on the weather.  Once I have got my current location, I can't try again until I have moved the phone.  It may be worth trying getting e-mail, opening a browser, going to facebook etc to see if it works for you.

Some of the solutions given by others above have probably involved some internet connection being made and it is purely the act of connecting to the internet that fixes the problem rather than the way that it is done.

When I have been roaming, I tend to turn off the mobile internet and just use Wifi - the weather always updates to my current location as soon as I connect to a netwwork.

Message 13 of 13 (12,330 Views)
Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Stand out from the crowd